My Hero Academia

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 24, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, the reason the first season was slower paced was mainly because when the anime was first planned Horikoshi had only written up to the end of the first encounter with Nomu and Shigaraki. Personally I liked the slower pace, but I doubt it'll continue with this season due to having FAR more material available now.

If anything, I expect them to do split cours like this every year until the manga is done like Kuroko and Haikyu.

Spoiler
And honesty? The end of the Sports Festival wouldn't be a great place to end a cour. It ends anticlimactically on purpose and leads right into the next arc. 7 episodes of the Sports Festival and 5 episodes of Field Training are more than enough to cover both. Starting the next 12 with the End of Terms (which is like 3 episodes... at best) followed by the Training Camp, and ending with the Hideout Raid would be a far more satisfying way to end and leave people hungry for more.

There are only two really satisfying point to end the season, and that's either with Stain or All For One. Anything else will feel anticlimactic.
[close]

Either way, I'm excited. Season 1 was great, but season 2 should be at a whole other level. If the fight with a certain character is animated like the Nomu fight was then prepare to have your mind blown.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like Blood Blockade Battlefront season 2 is Q3 instead of this upcoming season.

If the split season rumor is true then it would line up. MHA for Q2, BBB for Q3, and the second part of MHA for Q4, makes the most sense. If that's what's going to happen then that will be pretty cool.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

That makes sense. It's not like Bones to do two shows in the same season. Probably for the best too, since it'll be great to have BBB to look forward to during the months MHA is off.

gunswordfist

They did BBB too? Jeez, between that and Mob Psycho 100, Bones has been still killing it. I'm punching anyone who calls them overrated.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a pretty popular opinion that Bones is the best studio currently operating when it comes to TV anime, and one of the best overall.

They've had some duds here and there, but the amount of hits that they've produced over the years is too hard to ignore.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on March 06, 2017, 05:59:41 PM
That makes sense. It's not like Bones to do two shows in the same season. Probably for the best too, since it'll be great to have BBB to look forward to during the months MHA is off.

Actually, for the past few years, Bones HAS done multiple shows per season. Last year, they produced seven TV anime.  In contrast, the only shows that they seem to be doing this year are MHA Season 2 and BBB Season 2.  It's likely they want to solely focus on those this year since both of their first seasons were very successful, and the second seasons could garner even greater success if handled well. 

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on March 06, 2017, 08:26:46 PM
Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on March 06, 2017, 05:59:41 PM

Actually, for the past few years, Bones HAS done multiple shows per season. Last year, they produced seven TV anime.  In contrast, the only shows that they seem to be doing this year are MHA Season 2 and BBB Season 2.  It's likely they want to solely focus on those this year since both of their first seasons were very successful, and the second seasons could garner even greater success if handled well.
Last year they did Concrete Revolutio season 2, Snow White with the Red Hair (second part), My Hero Academia, Bungo Stray Dogs, Show By Rock season 2 and shorts, and Mob Psycho 100. MHA was the most popular without question.

2015 they did Blood Blockade Battlefront, Show By Rock season 1, Snow White with the Red Hair (first part), Noragami Aragoto, and Concrete Revolutio season 1. BBB was the most popular without question.

Focusing 2017 on their two most popular shows of the last few years is an extremely smart move.

I would say they're a very smart studio. Other than possibly MAPPA, there are few studios that manage themselves as well as this and choose the right series to focus their attention on.

gunswordfist

Still wish Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 was this year though.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 06, 2017, 11:14:52 PMStill wish Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 was this year though.

They are probably waiting for more manga material to be released. As it stands there is barely enough material past where the anime ended to make another full season, and even if they did, they don't currently have a very satisfying spot to end on like they did with the first season. It would either be anticlimactic with a side-story, or dead-on in the middle of an arc. I suspect that we'll get a new season by 2018, though.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: VLordGTZ on March 06, 2017, 08:26:46 PM

Oh, yeah you're right. I should've remembered that Snow White season 2 and Mob Psycho 100 both came out last summer in particular.  :sweat:

Still, they don't average as high as other studios in terms of shows per season. Like Spark said, it makes sense they're putting all their resources this year into two of their most successful and popular shows of the last few years.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

YAH-TAH!! I started marathoning Season 1 yesterday and I love the show more than ever. I was  :'(+ :D during most of the episodes I saw.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That was a terrific premiere to the new season, as expected. Considering how much heavy foreshadowing to future events were in this episode (for those of us who are currently up to date with the manga), I'm wondering if that out of context scene from the cold opening is hinting at something that may eventually come up in the manga involving Midoriya going all out against a group of villains, or if it was just there for the symbolic effect of portraying the kind of hero that he will eventually become when he grows more bold and confident in both his stature and abilities.

While it's probably the latter, the former wouldn't surprise me either, since it's not too atypical for authors of currently running manga to give away future plot details to the anime studios that adapt their work which they can more intricately weave into the narrative of that particular version of the story.

LumRanmaYasha

I wouldn't read too much into it, but I thought it was a nice way to depict what kind of hero he wants to and hopefully will end up being even against dangerous foes and challenges, which we know he'll definitely be facing a lot of in this season and even moreso in the future.

Spark Of Spirit

There was a clever little trick in that opening sequence.

Spoiler
Future Midoriya's gloves were conveniently destroyed and torn off. Way to hide a very important change he makes to his costume between then and now.  ;)
[close]

Anyway I quite enjoyed it. I especially liked the added scenes not in the original manga such as the early reveal of an important character in the next arc. There's not much else to say about this episode except the fact that it a set up for the Sports Festival starting next week. Really dug the OP (nice choice using one of the artists behind Tiger & Bunny) and the ED was very fitting for this arc. Pretty sure the Sports Festival will be the entire first half of the season judging on what was shown in the OP and ED though.

Also, with this pacing I'm pretty sure season 2 will end either on the end of term test or right before it. They appear to be saving the material after it for season 3.