My Hero Academia

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 24, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'd play that. Add in Fat Gum, Rappa, and Gran Torino, and that's a perfect roster.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Is the next new episode the last one for this season?  :)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes. But don't just think that it'll be a standard wind-down slice-of-life episode like the previews suggest. We'll be getting an interesting development that should leave you pondering about the next season. ;)

LumRanmaYasha

Season 3 confirmed. I'd expect it to debut next spring like the previous two seasons.

Spark Of Spirit

And there is much to be hyped for!

Spoiler
Midoriya Vs. Muscular, All For One, the license exams, and Bakugo Vs. Deku 2! Everything up to Overhaul should be in season 3.
[close]

Season 2 was a bigger hit than the original season, so this was expected. But it's glad to hear it's been confirmed. Hopefully it continues its growth in popularity.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In case anyone is interested, Mother's Basement just uploaded a video analyzing the first two MHA openings: https://youtu.be/GuzTgc8GxUM

He'll be covering the third opening next week, I'm case you're wondering.

For the record, I noticed most of those hidden Invisible Girl easter eggs, though the one with her standing on the bridge in the second OP was new to me since it goes by so fast.

Anyways, it's actually nice to see him do another good analytical video on openings again and touching on what he likes as opposed to overloading his content with way too much snark to the point of just being a chore to listen to. This is the type of content that I much prefer to see from him.

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

Because it should be posted here: My Hero Academia is getting an anime original movie in Summer 2018 which is most likely going to cover the back story of an unnamed character. It isn't said who it is, but I think manga readers have an idea.

In a bid to avoid spoilers, I'll put my theory below.

Spoiler
It's going to come out smack in the middle of season 3 which means it will most likely be focused on All Might's past with All For One. The first 13 episodes are going to end with the final fight between the two and passing on to the next generation. Releasing a movie focused on the history of their conflict makes sense. I don't think it will touch much on his predecessor's relationship with All For One or Shigaraki, though. That'll probably be revealed later in the manga.

But for the anime, it makes the most sense to focus it on All Might's past. This would be great since this is what I wanted to see most from a movie for this series.

As for season 3, the last 12 episodes of the season will cover the exam and the second Midoriya Vs Bakugo fight and end right before the Big 3's introduction, so there isn't much material there that would work with back story for the movie.
[close]

It's also important to note that Horikoshi said the movie is canon, like everything else in the anime.

Either way, this is good news for the series. New anime season, new movie, new manga arc, and new video game all set for next year means 2018 going to be big for MHA. And after the steady popularity increase over the last two years, I'm excited. It's good to see a series that deserves it get such a huge reaction.

gunswordfist

Will it be in theaters? (well Japanese thea...wait, why do I care? It won't be in theaters here, at least not for years.). Anyway, I hope an unexpected Toonami announcement completes everything the franchise needs for it to truly be The Year Of MHA.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 14, 2017, 02:57:13 AM
Will it be in theaters? (well Japanese thea...wait, why do I care? It won't be in theaters here, at least not for years.). Anyway, I hope an unexpected Toonami announcement completes everything the franchise needs for it to truly be The Year Of MHA.
It will probably be in select theaters in the US through Funimation Films most likely.  They've done a pretty good job premiering films not too long after their Japanese debuts.  Jump anime films don't have a good track record but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic about this one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It'll probably get released in select theaters like the Dragon Ball Z movies as well as popular films like Your Name or any of Mamoru Hosoda's movies.

gunswordfist

But MHA not being on tv here makes me think it won't be in theaters next year. I could be wrong.

Spark Of Spirit

MHA was one of the top streamed series this year. I think it would be popular enough to get a few showings.

LumRanmaYasha

Being on tv doesn't define success for an anime these days. Streaming is far more important. MHA is indisputably one of the most popular series in current fandom. If movies based on series like No Game No Life can be given theatrical screenings despite never broadcasting on US television, than MHA definitely can. FUNimation WILL do it, and I suspect they won't wait much longer than a year to do it either.

I definitely would love for the movie to explore All Might's past further, but I feel that's material Horikoshi might want to save for the manga proper. I definitely think it'll be a look back into the past of someone in All Might's generation, maybe Gran Torino. Regardless, I'm really excited for it.