My Hero Academia

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 24, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Season 2 promo!

Looks really good! It seems like they've polished the production to another level, which is impressive considering how good-looking the show already was. I can't wait to see the stuff with Stain animated more than anything now.

gunswordfist

Me too! Does it have a release date yet?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I'm just hoping this will be longer than 13 episodes. At least hoping for a split-cour. There's enough material for one.

But yeah, it looks great. I'm constantly impressed by how the anime colors the world of heroes.

Spoiler
The Stain fight needs to look as good as All Might Vs. Nomu or better.
[close]

EDIT: OVA preview!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Bones doesn't do continuous 2 cour (or longer) anime anymore, so if they plan to cover the Stain arc, the season will either be split-cour or have faster pacing.  In any case, I'll definitely be looking forward to this season.

Spark Of Spirit

They could do the next two arcs (covering Stain) in 13 episodes, but if they want to raise awareness of the franchise, they can't have another year break after 13 episodes again.

It can easily be done this way:

Spoiler
First 13:

Sports Festival Arc: 7 episodes
Hero Internship: 5 episodes
Tales from the past: 1 episode

Second 13:

Final Exams: 2 episodes
Training Camp: 6 episodes
Rescue Bakugo: 4 episodes
Epilogue/Moving into Dorms: 1 episode

Ending with All Might begging forgiveness from Midoriya's mom and them gearing up for the next stage of their lives is the best place to end it.
[close]
It really should be at least a split cour this time.

Spark Of Spirit

Season 2 premieres on March 25th.

I'm still wondering if they're either going to cram two arcs into one cour or this is going to be a split cour since the very first visual is post-Sports Festival.

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
>Midoriya first wears that costume when he meets Gran Torino
>Stain starts his attack on Hosu City from that water tower
>Shigaraki is not a main character in the Sports Festival and only appears briefly
[close]

Anyway, I'm excited.

gunswordfist

Damn, that soon? I keep on thinking everything I want to see is super far away.

Spark Of Spirit

The first episode is going to be a recap episode.

That's probably why it starts a week earlier.

Season 2 is gonna be pretty great though. Particularly if they get to end it where I hope they will.

gunswordfist

Sighs, recap episodes. I was hoping those would be dead by now. But of course that aren't for people who have seen all the episodes in the first place. lol
I'll probably be rewatching the show at www.view.yahoo.com anyway (it's free and legal)

VLordGTZ

It looks like Season 2 might be planned for two cours/split-cours.

If this is true, my guess is that the spring cour will cover the entire Sports Festival arc, and then a fall cour will cover the Field Training and (maybe) End of Term Test arcs.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on March 01, 2017, 12:44:38 AM
It looks like Season 2 might be planned for two cours/split-cours.

If this is true, my guess is that the spring cour will cover the entire Sports Festival arc, and then a fall cour will cover the Field Training and (maybe) End of Term Test arcs.
YES! This is literally all I wanted out of this season.

But Field Training can be told in 5 episodes, it's not very long. Personally, I would prefer the second cour to cover End of Term and the bit that happens after it.

Spoiler
Hideout Raid arc is really the perfect place to end if it's going to be two cour.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Funi's really going all out pushing it.

Shame they probably won't pick up the OVAs though.

LumRanmaYasha

If it's going to be two cours I could definitely see them covering up to the end of the Hideout Raid arc. Especially if the first cour covers through the Internship/Stain arc provided the pacing is tight enough. Also extremely glad that there'll be same-day simuldubs because I preferred watching the show dubbed anyways.