My Hero Academia

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 24, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Preview of the English dub!

Pretty good! They clearly put a lot of effort into this. Chris Sabat as All Might was just the perfect choice.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Those costumes were ridiculous. Not necessarily bad but still.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 05, 2016, 10:07:42 PM
Preview of the English dub!

Pretty good! They clearly put a lot of effort into this. Chris Sabat as All Might was just the perfect choice.
Whoa, that is perfect.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

I finally got around to watching the first episode of the english dub on FuniNow, and it sounded very good.  I'm definitely looking forward hearing the rest of the english cast as it goes on.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Ugh, this show needs to be longer than 30 minutes.

The animation and voice acting was really on point. And I got to see more about how Bakugo and Izuku felt about each other. Also Iida (sp? Hulu's captions make it hard to tell what's an i or an l for me) provided some decent comedy. I am glad he is not a dick anymore like he was up until the end of the first exam.
I love seeing Detroit Smash.

I peeked down...I don't know who Shifyfdgh is, and don't tell me but Meruem's voice actor is pretty much my favorite Japanese VA right now. Loved him in One Punch Man too.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The funny thing is that I actually forgot what a dick Iida (spelled with two "i's" by the way; there is no "L" in his name) was prior to the entrance exam. I'm so used to him being the rational and moral center of the team that it kind of slipped my mind how different he was back when he first entered the scene.

Anyways, I think that it's safe to say that the anime is superior to the manga in every way, and I love the manga, so that's pretty high praise coming from me. The directing for this series is on par with other top-notch contemprary shonen anime like Haikyuu!! and Ushio and Tora.

gunswordfist

Then I spelled his name right. lol The last bad/dick move I've seen from him was when he dashed right past Izuku when the gigantic robot came out. Then it's like they replaced him with another character when he came to class. lol
I am surprised to hear the anime surpassed the manga Maybe that's just based off of skimming the manga thread

Spark Of Spirit

They adapted the Battle Trial perfectly. It easily surpassed the manga version, and the manga version was the first part of the original that got me into it. The way they pushed Bakugo so hard really helped make it even better than the original.

Now, I don't want to specify spoilers, so don't highlight this unless you've read the manga:

Spoiler
I hope they flesh out the villain invasion arc. It was great in the manga, but it was over so fast. I want to see Bakugo and Kirishima's fight with the villains. I want to see Todoroki actually get some action in. The manga showed an (admittedly) cool fight with Kaminari, Yaoyarozu, and Jiro, with the villains, but we didn't really see anyone else aside from Midoriya's group.

I'm assuming that the arc will be episode 9 through 13. That's 5 episodes. I hope they take advantage of the time they have to really make it special.

On the other hand, at this pacing, the second season of 13 episodes will be entirely comprised of the Sports Festival. I really do hope the anime does not stop at 26 episodes. The end of the Sports Festival is when MHA takes off and never lets up.
[close]

It was a great episode.

Spark Of Spirit

Shigaraki preview.

Perfect voice. Says here that he appears in the next episode, which means the next few episodes should be something else.

gunswordfist

I love how All Might is learning how to teach and mentor along the way. Bakugo seems to be becoming a better person. Do they always have a stinger after credits? I always skipped credits until today due to being that scared of spoilers. I still skip the OP.

Spark Of Spirit

There are no spoilers in the ED. But, no, there haven't been any stingers after the credits yet other than a small scene after Midoriya got his acceptance letter with his mom.

gunswordfist

Well now I know there's no spoilers lol

gunswordfist

What a cockteasing episode!!

Spark Of Spirit

Yep, things are about to go down! I'm really anticipating how they'll animate what happens next.

Spoiler
At this point it's fairly obvious that the first 13 are going to end at the villain invasion and just before the Sports Festival. While I was disappointed that the Sports Festival will likely take the next 13 episodes to go down, after seeing how they improved the early material I'm actually eager to see how they improve that arc even more.

As an aside, at this point I expect the series to get four cours (each skipping a season like the upcoming one):

Episodes 1-13: Beginnings arc
Episodes 14-26: The Sports Festival arc
Episodes 27-39: Hero Killer arc
Episodes 40-52: All For One arc

At that point we might even get the usual Bones original ending depending on where the series popularity is at and where the manga story is.
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Spoiler

I'm hoping the anime uses the last 4 episodes of this season to really flesh this part out. We only saw events extensively in the Flood Zone and the Mountain Zone, and about one scene from each the Ruins Zone and the Landslide Zone. We saw literally nothing from the Downpour Storm Zone or the Conflagration Zone. But the anime has the chance to show far more.

I hope they flesh this part out.
[close]