My Hero Academia

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 24, 2015, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Bunch of new info!

Here's the movie poster:

It will have the same staff as the show. Horikoshi is writing it (and saying it's canon to the manga), Kuroda is also co-writing it, Nagasaki is also directing it, and, yeah, it's being done by Bones.

Also, the third season promo is out!

Spoiler
Looks like they're fleshing out the journey through the forest. Glad to see it, because I really wanted to see that in the manga.
[close]

It's gonna be a good year for MHA.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

I wonder who the blonde-haired girl is? Hope she'll be more interesting than most shonen movie-only heroines.

Spark Of Spirit

Season 3 confirmed for 25 episodes.

So this means they'll be covering everything up to
Spoiler
the second Midoriya Vs Bakugo battle
[close]
which is the perfect place to end the season. If you haven't read the manga then just know that this season is going to be the best one so far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Spark Of Spirit

I'll be looking forward to your opinions. Hoping for a fun summer film.

gunswordfist

Yes, tell us is it's worth our time!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Has anyone else gotten a chance to see Two Heroes yet?

After unfortunately missing out on the premiere at Anime Expo, I finally got to see it last weekend. I arrived late enough that I had to sit in the front row - my theater was COMPLETELY sold-out, full of passionate fans, which was a pleasure to see. The movie's theatrical run over here has been doing incredibly well - it's grossed over $5 million and got tons more showtimes and screening dates due to popular demand. Here's hoping FUNimation looks a how well it did and thinks about giving the next film an even wider release. 

I found the film itself to be a pretty standard Jump movie, but there were a lot of good moments in it. I really dug the relationship between All Might and David and the climax of the film, where All Might and Deku team up to beat the villain, was incredibly satisfying and gorgeously animated. I think some characters could've been excised entirely (Kaminari was shockingly useless), and the villains could've been made more interesting, but overall I had a lot of fun with the film and think any MHA fan will enjoy their time with it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sadly, being stuck out in the middle of nowhere (aka Western Kentucky), there isn't a theater within 200 miles of me that was playing the movie. So, no, I didn't get a chance to see it and likely won't get one until FUNimation releases it on Blu-Ray, which probably won't be for a few months at least. :(

LumRanmaYasha

That really sucks. This is why FUNimation really ought to expand how many theatres some of their more popular films are shown in. Especially with MHA, which I genuinely think would've done really well with a semi-wide release. Hopefully the film'll be out on blu-ray soon so you and other folks who missed out on the screening get to watch it.

Daikun

Daikun