Voltron on Netflix

Started by Daikun, January 05, 2016, 09:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Remember when Nicktoons tried to reboot Voltron a few years ago?

Well, now that DWA holds the rights to the franchise, a new series is coming to Netflix.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/news/dreamworks-animation-guillermo-del-toro-trollhunters-voltron-netflix-1201672250

Spark Of Spirit

That link title almost had me believing Del Toro was making it.

Still, I'll keep an eye on this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Voltron is a series that sounds cool on paper, but nothing I've seen from the franchise has excited me much, a bit of nostalgia for the original via Toonami aside.

There doesn't seem to be a reason to be excited about this one yet, but if it's good, I'll be interested.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Painted Outlaw

I'll be honest, I can't read "Dreamworks' Voltron" without picturing the robot beasts spouting bad pop culture ref's as they transform.  :whuh:

Daikun

Quote from: Painted Outlaw on January 06, 2016, 05:03:31 PMI'll be honest, I can't read "Dreamworks' Voltron" without picturing the robot beasts spouting bad pop culture ref's as they transform.  :whuh:

Nah. DWA dropped that crap a while ago when they started making more serious movies.

Painted Outlaw

I apparently missed out on a lot of their timeline then, heh.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on January 06, 2016, 05:28:20 PM
Quote from: Painted Outlaw on January 06, 2016, 05:03:31 PMI'll be honest, I can't read "Dreamworks' Voltron" without picturing the robot beasts spouting bad pop culture ref's as they transform.  :whuh:

Nah. DWA dropped that crap a while ago when they started making more serious movies.
Like Home?  :blush:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Dreamworks still has its fair share of issues as a studio, but dumb pop culture references aren't really one of them anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Daikun

Check out the trailer. Surprisingly, it's not CGI! :huh:

The premiere date is June 10.

Spark Of Spirit

Not a bad trailer. It looks pretty solid.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Jeremy Shada and Josh Keaton?! Spider Man and Finn in the same cast? That's an interesting lineup. And the lady that plays Jasper in SU too. Now I'm even more curious about this Voltron reboot.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Whoa, that was fantastic!!

I know the work of Avatar animators when I see it, definitely binge-watching this one when it hits.