Voltron on Netflix

Started by Daikun, January 05, 2016, 09:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 12, 2016, 06:40:18 AM
Whoa, that was fantastic!!

I know the work of Avatar animators when I see it, definitely binge-watching this one when it hits.
This has caught my attention
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Watched the first two episodes so far, the show is a blast! Seriously, its much better than the Thundercats reboot on CN that fell apart. Since tomorrow is Saturday I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to binge through the rest of them.

At the moment, I really love Lance. Alura's design is the only one that was a little "off" to me, but even that wasn't so bad after she put her hair into her trademark bun.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Watched the first episode. Feels rather derivative in terms of writing and characters so far, but here's hoping that it's all just set-up for better material. I'll watch a few more episodes tomorrow.

Avaitor

I started the pilot last night, and I enjoyed it alright. It's definitely a bit cliched, especially if you're familiar with mecha series, but I think the build up is solid, and I'm not really annoyed by the characters. The action seems cool so far, but it definitely feels like a series which will do it better as it comes along.

I'm going to watch some more tonight, so I hope I enjoy it more.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

There might be a few clichés, but they do a good job of shattering a lot of others.

Avaitor

I got around to finishing the show last night, and I liked it overall. It feels like a case where I'm sure the second season will improve things, and thankfully we don't have to wait too long.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot for the series if you're not much of a mecha fan, but I am, so I dug the action pretty well. I do wish that it wasn't so male heavy, though. Allura was decently written, but she's basically it. Still, the Pallidins were similarly well-written, so I can't be too harsh about them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Avaitor on August 03, 2016, 04:46:25 PM
I got around to finishing the show last night, and I liked it overall. It feels like a case where I'm sure the second season will improve things, and thankfully we don't have to wait too long.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot for the series if you're not much of a mecha fan, but I am, so I dug the action pretty well. I do wish that it wasn't so male heavy, though. Allura was decently written, but she's basically it. Still, the Pallidins were similarly well-written, so I can't be too harsh about them.

We don't? Has somewhere reported when the next set is?

Also, you omitted Pidge. Not a huge fan of gender/race bending, but they did a great job with her character and arc. And it didn't get too on the nose with "Girls can do things too!" that can unintentionally come off backhanded.

Spark Of Spirit

It's been confirmed that the second season will be out before the end of the year.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 03, 2016, 11:35:38 PM
Also, you omitted Pidge. Not a huge fan of gender/race bending, but they did a great job with her character and arc. And it didn't get too on the nose with "Girls can do things too!" that can unintentionally come off backhanded.
Oh, true. Pidge is pretty cool.

Dreamworks seems to be knocking their shows out pretty quickly, but if the quality doesn't decrease, all is good. And I'm reminded that I still need to check out their Peabody & Sherman show.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 04, 2016, 09:46:19 AM
It's been confirmed that the second season will be out before the end of the year.

But what's the date?

Avaitor

New blog!

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

I was thinking about blogging this show and pretending it was Book 5 and 6 of Legend of Korra, but I admit while I like the show, I don't care enough about it to write 400 words per episode. But I do want to get something written about it out. It's surprising to me how a Voltron show can get 500 posts on 4chan threads on a daily basis. I thought it would be more of a modest hit among viewers, not something that sparks this much discussion there.