Author Topic: Voltron on Netflix  (Read 1366 times)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
Re: Voltron on Netflix
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
I still have to watch season two, but I was honestly pretty "meh" on the first season. For me, more than anything else, the character dynamic falls rather flat in how static they all feel. When it comes to an ensemble show like this, I feel as though the series lives or dies based on how interesting its character interactions are. If season two improves on this, it might be worth a go.

Dr. Insomniac

• Thaumatrio
  • A Duck, Amuck
  • I Startled a Cult
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 12:23:20 AM »
Yeah, I'd say season two's been better on handling character chemistry. The writers just letting the cast hang out instead of being told by higher-ups to ship them like in Korra helps.

Peanutbutter

• The Elephant's Peanut
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 02:54:26 AM »
Other than Keith being a bit bland at times in the first season, I don't see how the rest were "static" before. Lance, Hunk and Pidge bounced off each other well all the time right off the first episode. Hunk and Pidge had great arcs that fleshed them out. Pidge even had a good sibling like relationship with Shiro last year. If anything, I think the current season while good with its overall plot sacrificed a bit of potential character moments for Lance, Hunk etc. at the expense of fleshing Keith out.

Avaitor

• The Epic Trinity
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2017, 10:02:25 PM »
Season 3 confirmed for this year.

Can't say it's a big surprise, but I also can't say I'm disappointed at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Lord Dalek

• Writer of a generation
  • Thaumatrio
  • Eats 'Iz Spinach
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed though. After all, Season 2 was supposed to be out last fall.

Peanutbutter

• The Elephant's Peanut
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 03:07:47 PM »
Probably there will be a delay but hopefully it won't be a major one. I want Lotor!!!