Kablam!

Started by Avaitor, January 07, 2016, 10:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Here's something interesting. The guy behind the Henry and June segments of the show has started to upload episodes on his website.

As he explains it, the show is being reverted back to the creators behind it, which makes this legal. So apparently, Nickelodeon doesn't really own it anymore, and they can't put it out on DVD or air it on TV. So if you want to see the show again, and it's worth another look, here's a good way to do so.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder with this and SWAT Kats if there are other shows in similar straits from the early 90s. Maybe other shows like Pirates of Dark Water are in a similar boat and realize there are people out there who would like a chance at seeing them again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on January 07, 2016, 10:44:34 AMAs he explains it, the show is being reverted back to the creators behind it, which makes this legal.

Where did he say that?

Daikun

Update to my previous post: I sent Marek an Email regarding the rights to KaBlam! Here's what he had to say:

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 07, 2016, 11:52:01 AM
I wonder with this and SWAT Kats if there are other shows in similar straits from the early 90s. Maybe other shows like Pirates of Dark Water are in a similar boat and realize there are people out there who would like a chance at seeing them again.

Oh man, if Samurai Jack and SWAT Kats can come back thanks to the 90s nostalgia wave I don't see why that show shouldn't get a second chance. It was an awesome story that deserved an ending.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on January 08, 2016, 01:23:47 PM
Update to my previous post: I sent Marek an Email regarding the rights to KaBlam! Here's what he had to say:

Ah, okay.

Well, I've heard from a couple of different people that they believe that the rights to Kablam! are owned by the people behind it's creators, but I'm not sure what the case really is. And as evident by Marek's email, no one really seems to know.

But if the episode links he posts are legal, feel free to hit that up! I might watch some episodes this weekend.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Avaitor

Check out the comments section.

There seems to be weight to the belief that the show's legal rights are a mess.

New blog!