The Nicktoons Movie

Started by Daikun, January 28, 2016, 02:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

I saw the director and writer.

Not sure how to feel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

A great idea on paper.

I'm not hating on the idea as it could be a great homage to Nick's early days. However, to actually pull this off successfully!
:??:

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 28, 2016, 10:00:07 AM
I saw the director and writer.

Not sure how to feel.
Are you fucking kidding me? The chuckleheads behind Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre? How do these people even still get work? :wth: :wth: :wth:

Avaitor

This was a prank a little while ago, but I guess it's real now.

Meh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, I'd prefer a Cartoon Cartoons crossover.

Also, at least half of the classic Nicktoons are from shows that haven't aged well at all.

Dr. Insomniac

I do wonder how they'll get it to work. Who Framed Roger Rabbit's cameos worked because these weren't just cartoon characters from the golden age, they were wired into our brain thanks to being rerun on syndication for years by the time the movie came out. While with the majority of the Nicktoons, the most exposure they've seen in the past ten to twenty years has been a late night block on Teenick. Even other cashgrabs like Transformers and TMNT had a concurrent series running at the time to keep reminding the audience of just who these characters are. Nostalgia can only go so far.

superfluidity

The closest recent equivalent to this is probably The Peanuts Movie, and even then, the Peanuts specials still run on network TV every year and I find it unlikely there are many kids who haven't watched at least one of them.

gunswordfist

Direct to DVD? TV movie? Theaters? Will Avatar be in it? Any non-toy live action characters? So many question. I just hope it turns out great and they can give all the right characters enough screen time.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I'm not surprised, or disappointed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

The "raped my childhood" phrase needs to die. UGH.

I don't care if a crossover movie is made, though unless the Arnold movie works out I'm not certain how bringing up a movie with all their old properties will benefit them. Not to mention having that many animation styles clashing would have to drive up their budget.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on February 18, 2016, 01:11:09 PM
The "raped my childhood" phrase needs to die. UGH.
After how he worded that, I am officially sick of it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody