Milo Murphy's Law

Started by Daikun, February 04, 2016, 03:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Shortly after Phineas & Ferb ended, Dan and Swampy announced their next show to come on Disney XD.

Here's a description of the plot that Toon Zone wrote up a while ago. (Note: His name was originally Mikey before being changed to Milo.)

QuoteCurrently, he and Marsh are working on a new show called Milo Murphy's Law which is about the adventures of Milo, a descendant of the famous Edward Murphy associated with the adage, "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong." Instead of treating his descendant's adage as a curse, Milo thinks of it as a blessing that leads him to all sorts of wonderful adventures. A few rough stills were shown from Milo Murphy's Law showing Milo in the most impossible situations that could only occur when everything goes wrong from his bus running into a bunch of underground creatures after sinking into the ground to aliens attacking his school. The series is scheduled to premiere either late 2016 or early 2017 on Disney XD.

Weird Al Yankovic announced today on Twitter that he'll be voicing Milo. Here's what he looks like:

That's all the info we have for right now.

Peanutbutter

A cartoon with Weird Al as the star? That's more than enough to sell to me! I'm in!

Spark Of Spirit

Even though P&F had a lot of problems near the end with running out of ideas, the one thing I always appreciated was how it tried to avoid cynicism as much as possible. It gave the show a flavor of its own. They appear to be keeping that idea here.

I kind of hope one change to this new show is that they don't rely too heavily on formula. Though it gave P&F a lot of its character early on it ended up being its undoing near the end.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

More of the voice cast revealed. No pictures, unfortunately. (That would be nice.)

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

The show premieres October 3 (On Demand a week earlier).

Daikun

The first episode is available for free on Amazon.

EDIT: Also iTunes.

Peanutbutter

Signing up is too complicated for me since I don't have my own credit card. Oh well, I'll try another way or wait until it airs.

Daikun

Do you have a cable subscription? The first episode will be available on Disney XD's website on Monday.

Peanutbutter

Should be able to see it then, I'm sure.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on September 26, 2016, 09:11:04 PM
Now it's up.

They also uploaded the full episode to YouTube.

Cool! Will watch and give a review if I can tomorrow. Love that the designs look better than Phineas and Ferbs!

Spark Of Spirit

I liked it. It's formula should be built for more variety than Phineas & Ferb's was. There was a lot of varied jokes in only one full episode.

LumRanmaYasha

The concept of the show alone was brilliant, but the execution is fantastic. I'm glad they've strayed from the P&F formula and are focusing on the potential of having mundane situations escalate worse and worse in increasingly ridiculous and comedic ways. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to more.