The Vision of Escaflowne

Started by Daikun, February 27, 2016, 06:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Hey, remember this show that was sort of a big deal in the late 90s/early 2000s? Well, it's in the news again.

After FUNimation rescued the license after Bandai closed its doors a few years ago, they were pretty quiet about the show's release. Well, we finally have a reason why they were sitting on the license: They launched a Kickstarter to give the show a new dub for its 20th anniversary.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funimationprod/the-vision-of-escaflowne-a-new-hd-dub-for-the-clas

Lord Dalek

DESCEND TO ME WING GODDESS AND FULFILL MY WISH TO DESTROY THIS HORRIBLE WORLD!!!

Spark Of Spirit

I backed for the full series. I'll be hurting in March, but I did it.

It is one of the few series I'd do this for.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

$200k stretch goal reached.

Quote$200,000 – In addition to the series' new dub, The Vision of Escaflowne Part 1 will be upgraded to include a special feature of the new English cast, including behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. This will be added to the Kickstarter Edition of Part 1, the standard edition available outside of this Kickstarter, and the Collector's Edition.

Lord Dalek

And there goes the only stretch goal of any worth.

Daikun

First casting announcement: Aaron Dismuke cast as Van.

Also, Sonny Strait will be the ADR director.

Spark Of Spirit

Good choice for the ADR director, but I haven't heard Aaron Dismuke in enough roles to know if he's right for Van.

Still, eager to see more.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Even the dub of this show that aired on Fox Kids wasn't that bad. Yeah, I'm sure plenty of stuff got butchered but the writing was still good from what I remember. Can't wait to see what Funi does with it.

Daikun

$250k stretch goal reached.

Quote$250,000 - The Part 1 Kickstarter Edition release will receive a second upgrade—the art cards will be upgraded to a saddle-stitched art booklet, and the chipboard box that houses the release will get special foil printing. Remember that this is only on the Kickstarter-specific release!

Also, two more cast announcements: Sonny Strait as Allen Schezar and Colleen Clinkenbeard as Millerna Aston.

Daikun

Daikun

The campaign will be over in a day, and we have THREE cast announcements!

Folken: Vic Mignogna
Eriya: Felecia Angelle
Naria: Michelle Rojas

Spark Of Spirit

Daikun

The final casting announcements (which was made hours before the campaign ended):

Emperor Dornkirk - Jeremy Schwartz
Balgus - Chris Guerrero
Prince Chid - Bryn Apprill
Shesta - Chris Cason
Jajuka - Chuck Hüber
Gaddess - Ian Sinclair