The Vision of Escaflowne

Started by Daikun, February 27, 2016, 06:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 11:37:10 AMThe re-release will also include the original dub!

Can't say this isn't a cool treat.

I thought that was revealed while the campaign was going on.

Still, I'm glad to hear that the dubbing process is complete.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on June 14, 2016, 02:20:10 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 14, 2016, 11:37:10 AMThe re-release will also include the original dub!

Can't say this isn't a cool treat.

I thought that was revealed while the campaign was going on.

Still, I'm glad to hear that the dubbing process is complete.
It was, but now it's included in EVERY release and not just the CE.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Daikun

Spark Of Spirit

Also, part of the panel Q&A was posted on their kickstarter. Turns out the 39 episode rumor was a false one:

QuoteI heard Escaflowne was originally supposed to be 39 episodes long, and was cut down just before the production by Sunrise to run for 26 episodes. I'm wondering what differences would there have been if you had been able to do the original full 39 episodes version? What would it have expanded on, and what was there not time to cover in the 26 episodes, and so forth?

I'm not quite sure where you got your information because as far as I know, it was always supposed to be 26 episodes, and in fact we planned it out very carefully. Honestly, it was so much work that went into the series that if we had started out with more stories, I think we might have had some casualties among the staff.
Good to know nothing was left on the cutting room floor.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

My order came in. I got the Kickstarter box and the full series.

It's very nice looking. My only gripe is that the certificate doesn't fit in the box. I kind of wanted to keep it all in one place.

Lord Dalek

I'm really enjoying the new dub. Its a lot better than the purist/haters are giving it credit for.

Also because I'm an egotistical asshat...

Spark Of Spirit

Starting to think I lucked out, looking at the comments. My poster wasn't damaged, my box is fine, and the discs have no issues. I got the cheaper Kickstarter box, though.

About the only problem is the "10th anniversary" thing on the certificate, but that's more hilarious than anything else.