Things That Bother You About Comic Booking

Started by gunswordfist, May 14, 2012, 04:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markness

I do have to agree with the criticisms for New Warriors and Children of the Atom. Daniel Kibblesmith said he never read the original New Warriors because they were "too cool" for him. Seriously, who says that? And he was chosen to write the title? Children of the Atom was advertised about young mutants cosplaying, having Tik-Toks, and having Reddits, things real humans can already do. Dan Slott put a bad taste in my mouth for telling people who wanted to vote for Trump again "fuck you". Sure, I don't like Trump but you are alienating people who could potentially buy your comics. Saladin Ahmed's constant slagging of white people also made me not want to buy anything from him.

The only times I really get annoyed with the "woke crowd" is when they accuse me of being a Donald Trump Jr., that liking Japanese culture somehow makes me "fetishize" it or that reading manga in English or watching dubbed anime somehow is racist, and that liking fighting games is somehow sexist.

I do agree it's silly to dislike a band after you found out later you don't agree with their lyrics. When KMFDM supported the NWSL, a right wing leaning person on Facebook wrote an angry message saying he was throwing out his KMFDM CDs for being "left wing". He clearly never understood what KMFDM was about.