Manga you wish was licensed

Started by Markness, February 29, 2016, 12:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not expecting it to be simulpubbed. But it doesn't really bother me. The volume releases are more than enough to make up for it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Same. I just hope the volume releases are regular enough so that we won't be too far behind the japanese releases.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dreamer2

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 21, 2017, 12:15:03 PM
Also licensed was Inio Asano's Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction, Black Torch by Tsuyoshi Takaki, and Kaguya-sama: Love is War by Aka Akasaka

Viz sure made up for their last dud of an announcement here. These are all series people have been begging for for some time now.

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 20, 2017, 06:46:49 PM
Viz has finally licensed Kimetsu no Yaiba!!!  :shakeshakeshake:

All of these sound really interesting. I've been looking for more manga to get into, so I will keep an eye out for these plus Silver Spoon, which I have to get. Should be fun.

Spark Of Spirit

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

:o And I thought eBooks were never worth the time. I will possibly back this. I'm way overdue reading Fist Of The North Star.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

A listing for an English release of Yuna of Yuragi Manor under the name Yuna and the Haunted Hot Springs has shown up on Amazon.

At first, I was a bit skeptical of this since the listed publisher is called "Ghost Ship", but then I realized that that's the exact same name Seven Seas is publishing To Love Ru Darkness under.  I guess we might be hearing something about this soon.....

VLordGTZ

Quote from: VLordGTZ on October 01, 2017, 12:00:09 PM
A listing for an English release of Yuna of Yuragi Manor under the name Yuna and the Haunted Hot Springs has shown up on Amazon.

At first, I was a bit skeptical of this since the listed publisher is called "Ghost Ship", but then I realized that that's the exact same name Seven Seas is publishing To Love Ru Darkness under.  I guess we might be hearing something about this soon.....

It's official, Seven Seas is starting a new imprint called Ghost Ship and has licensed Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs and World's End Harem!

This is quite impressive of Seven Seas considering that these are both hit titles in WSJ and Jump+ respectively.  It gives me hope that they can pick up more Shueisha titles that Viz has passed on.  I'll definitely be picking up Yuuna when it comes out since it's basically my guilty pleasure series.  :sweat:

Spark Of Spirit

Good for fans. I'm still waiting for Souboutei to be licensed. It's crazy that this series is being slept on.

Spark Of Spirit

Seven Seas is announcing new licenses all this week. They did three today.

Today they announced Dragon Goes House-hunting, Harukana Receive and My Solo Exchange Diary for next year. None are my thing, but there you go.

Holding out for a classic license like Mazinger Z or Getter Robo or something out of left field like Souboutei. They don't tend to license much that interests me personally, but I like how hard they try to get quality.

VLordGTZ

I've heard great things about My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness! so I'll probably check out My Solo Exchange Diary once I finish that.  I'm looking forward to seeing what else Seven Seas has picked up in this license wave.

I'm not sure when this went up, but it looks like Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 1 has been set for a July 3rd, 2018 release.

It's still a ways off, but I'll be eagerly anticipating it nonetheless.

Spark Of Spirit

Seven Seas has licensed the original Space Battleship Yamato manga by Leiji Matsumoto! They'll be putting it out in one hardcover edition.

Nice! This is a great get.

Still crossing my fingers for the original Mazinger Z.

Spark Of Spirit

The original True Tenchi Muyo light novels written by Masaki Kajishima and Yousuke Kuroda have been licensed by Seven Seas.

Spark Of Spirit

New Seven Seas survey.

Once again I put in my bid to see Ushio & Tora and Mazinger Z licensed.