Wacky Races

Started by Daikun, March 08, 2016, 11:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

It was announced a while back in the H-B thread that a new Wacky Races series is in development. This is the talkback thread for that new show.

Recently, animator Dexter Smith showed design sketches of Penelope Pitstop on his blog.

Avaitor

I like her look!

As I've mentioned before, I don't think that the original Wacky Races is a great show, but I'm willing to give anything Warner is trying that's beyond their big 4 (Looney/Scooby/DC/Tom & Jerry) a shot on principal alone.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Matt Whitlock revealed on his LinkedIn that he'll be directing the series.

He's also simultaneously working on Bunnicula, so the show appears to be in good hands.

Daikun

Boomerang Europe released their 2017 Upfront video recently, which includes a preview for this series and a few others.

https://vimeo.com/200963930

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

I finally signed up for the Boomerang streaming service yesterday and...this show sucks.

The only good thing I can say is that it retains the original theme song. Other than that...

-The huge roster of racers from the original series has been slashed to just five, including a new character who is just annoying and doesn't do anything.
-This show commits the cardinal sin: They don't even race! Sure, you might see them racing for the first couple of minutes, but then they arbitrarily stop to go on adventures or participate in other sports.

Well, I guess we can throw this on CN's growing pile of failed reboots. Good thing it's not airing on TV proper.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daikun on October 05, 2017, 04:13:58 PM

-This show commits the cardinal sin: They don't even race! Sure, you might see them racing for the first couple of minutes, but then they arbitrarily stop to go on adventures or participate in other sports.

:whuh:

How do you mess up a simple concept like Wacky Races? Making a modern version of it shouldn't of been hard.  :imnothappy:

Daxdiv

It's in the damn name of the show, how can you not have any races in Wacky Races? When I saw the preview, I thought they were just going to focus on a few racers and rotate them out sans Dastardly and Muttley, but I guess if we're stuck with just the few racers, then yeah that just sucks.

Daikun

Another new series is in the works. It will be produced at CN Europe and it will be...stop-motion?

Avaitor

It's surprising to see Wacky Races join Scooby, Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry in Warner's constant development cycle. But stop-motion sounds like an interesting direction for the franchise.

Hopefully it'll be better than what I saw of the previous series... not that the original was a flawless classic.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Remind me when they adapt that Garth Ennis Dastardly and Muttley comic.