Author Topic: Manga Mavericks  (Read 2477 times)

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
Re: Manga Mavericks
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
I think the theory with Dabi is that he was from a previous marriage with another fire quirk user. It failed and that's why he set about building up Todoroki as someone with both fire and ice. Another suspicious encounter was when Gran Torino assaulted the league and revealed all their real names... except Dabi who was already knocked out. There's definitely something up with him. Again, it's plausible, but there's not enough information yet.

And as for the anime, I seem to be in the minority, but I like the second OP way more than the first. I dunno, I just didn't care for the song much. The visuals were well done but the music didn't feel like a good fit. I think this OP and the two EDs hit the MHA vibe a lot closer to what I imagined.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2017, 09:37:57 PM »
I like the second OP, but I think I like the first OP more between the two. I actually quite like the song, and the way it ends with "THE DAY HAS COME" while showing Midoriya punch like All Might is a great clincher. But I really do like the second OP's motif of all the characters stretching and preparing before they fight in the sports festival.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2017, 12:37:39 AM »
Another potential MF topic question: Also, in the spirit of superheroes and crossovers, being that Horikoshi clearly takes a lot of influence from American comic books, what Western superhero would it be most fun to see interact with the characters of the MHA Universe? (Obviously in a hypothetical scenario in which they find themselves warped into MHA's reality).

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2017, 10:05:05 AM »
New Manga Mavericks is up! A shorter, back-to-basics episode where we just cover the news and a few polls. Tomorrow we're recording the MHA Manga Fight, so if you guys have any more questions/topic suggestions for us, make sure to send them to us before tomorrow morning. Also, we're doing our GTO episode in two weeks, so if you have any questions/topics you want to see discussed for that send them as well.

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
Where does Deku rank among any of your favorite superheroes? Do any of y'all find him to be relatable?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
Man, my voice is hoarse from recording so many podcasts this weekend.  :gonk:

Anyhoo, we recorded the Manga Fight this morning! We got so many MHA questions that we decided to just record an MHA Q&A special a la our JoJo's Q&A special, which should come out on May 19th. The Manga Fight itself will be out this friday. There were some really good discussions on there, so I think you guys will really enjoy it!

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2017, 01:11:28 AM »
Get well soon!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody