Author Topic: Manga Mavericks  (Read 3234 times)

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
Re: Manga Mavericks
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2017, 09:55:39 PM »
Glad you enjoyed them! Jeff and Doctor were both on again for the MHA Q&A special we recorded that should come out next week, and we discussed the traitor question again on there, and came up with some pretty interesting ideas about who it could be. I think you'll enjoy it!

And naturally, if we were ever to do a Yoshihiro Togashi-related Manga Fight, Dr. E-K is my go-to contestant. When we do it I'll have to pit him against VLord so we can find out who is truly the biggest Togashi fan.  ;)

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2017, 09:09:50 AM »
Our MHA Q&A special is up! Thanks again to everyone who sent us questions!

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2017, 09:17:07 PM »
Very enjoyable podcast.

That list of best Jump artists was pretty good... except for the fact that Horikoshi was completely missing. He's a better artist than Amano, Kishimoto, and the gorilla, and he does it on a weekly basis without the quality dipping even a little.

Yes, I started reading MHA after reading your After the Jump series in AR. You made it sound very interesting, and sure enough it was. At the time I was still burnt out on the manga and anime industry and MHA was exactly what I was looking for at the time. Thankfully I got into it right when the series was hitting its stride and it hasn't let me down since.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »
We released not just one, but TWO podcasts over the last weekend!

The first is a regular Manga Mavericks, in which we discuss the first volume of the Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga and compare the differences between it and the anime.
The second is the first part of a retrospective on the Pokemon Adventures manga, where I'm joined once again by Annaliese who letters the english volumes of the series for Viz, and my friend Jonathan who's just a big Pokefan. In this first installment we cover how we got into Pokemon, how we discovered the manga, and the publication history of the series up until this point.

Enjoy! 

Daikun

• American Dragon
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2017, 12:25:25 AM »
So, what's been going on with All-Comic lately?

I'm glad you have another way of listening to the podcast.

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #155 on: June 09, 2017, 10:05:50 AM »
All-Comic was doing a site revamp and updating to a new server. The site is back up now.