Manga Mavericks

Started by LumRanmaYasha, April 07, 2016, 04:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Glad you enjoyed them! Jeff and Doctor were both on again for the MHA Q&A special we recorded that should come out next week, and we discussed the traitor question again on there, and came up with some pretty interesting ideas about who it could be. I think you'll enjoy it!

And naturally, if we were ever to do a Yoshihiro Togashi-related Manga Fight, Dr. E-K is my go-to contestant. When we do it I'll have to pit him against VLord so we can find out who is truly the biggest Togashi fan.  ;)

LumRanmaYasha

Our MHA Q&A special is up! Thanks again to everyone who sent us questions!

Spark Of Spirit

Very enjoyable podcast.

That list of best Jump artists was pretty good... except for the fact that Horikoshi was completely missing. He's a better artist than Amano, Kishimoto, and the gorilla, and he does it on a weekly basis without the quality dipping even a little.

Yes, I started reading MHA after reading your After the Jump series in AR. You made it sound very interesting, and sure enough it was. At the time I was still burnt out on the manga and anime industry and MHA was exactly what I was looking for at the time. Thankfully I got into it right when the series was hitting its stride and it hasn't let me down since.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

We released not just one, but TWO podcasts over the last weekend!

The first is a regular Manga Mavericks, in which we discuss the first volume of the Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu manga and compare the differences between it and the anime.
The second is the first part of a retrospective on the Pokemon Adventures manga, where I'm joined once again by Annaliese who letters the english volumes of the series for Viz, and my friend Jonathan who's just a big Pokefan. In this first installment we cover how we got into Pokemon, how we discovered the manga, and the publication history of the series up until this point.

Enjoy! 

Daikun

So, what's been going on with All-Comic lately?

I'm glad you have another way of listening to the podcast.

LumRanmaYasha

All-Comic was doing a site revamp and updating to a new server. The site is back up now.

LumRanmaYasha

New episode! This week we talked about My Brother's Husband & My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness, two great LGBT-related comics that have had resounding critical and commercial success and we really resonated with. We also talk about the recent Jump Starts, Shudan! and Cross Account, and cover all the licensing news from Anime Expo among other stories. It's no wonder this ended up being the longest episode we've done in a while!

Also, we'll be recording a One Piece retrospective this sunday to commemorate the series' 20th anniversary. We'll be joined by Sam Leach, who is a contributor to the One Piece Podcast and writes weekly reviews of the anime for Anime News Network. If you guys have any One Piece-related topics or suggestions you'd like us to discuss, let us know!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Roughly how much longer do you think the series will run before Oda finally concludes it? Will it be sticking around for a 30th anniversary, or do you believe it will wrap up before that?

With the upcoming Wanokuni arc potentially being the biggest event in the series since the Summit War at Marineford, is anyone expecting any major character deaths (sans flash-backs, of course) to go down, similar to what happened with Ace and Whitebeard?

Of all of the ongoing reocurring characters, stories, and mysteries, that have persisted in One Piece throughout its two-decade long run, which as of yet unresolved plot thread do you most want to see unfold.

Favorite Straw Hat Pirate.

Favorite Villain.

Favorite Fight.

Favorite Story Arc.

Least Favorite Story Arc.

I may come up with more questions later.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Two new podcasts came out this weekend! The first is the long-awaited second half of our Pokemon Adventures retrospective with Annaliese Christman, letterer of the series for Viz Media, and my friend Jonathan. The second is our One Piece retrospective with One Piece Podcast contributor and ANN reviewer Sam Leach. Thank you again for you questions, Dr. E-k, which led to some great discussions! Both podcasts were a lot of fun to record and I'm really proud of how they turned out!

On our next episode we'll be discussing Sket Dance to commemorate it's 10th anniversary, so if you guys have any questions you want us to answer about it or Kenta Shinohara's other series Astra Lost in Space, please share them!

LumRanmaYasha

New episode! This week we take a look at the manga of what's apparently the most popular anime of this season, Kakegurui. I know I said we were going to do Sket Dance this week, but that's been delayed another month. Please still send us any questions you want us to answer about it though!

But on our next episode we'll be covering Death Note to coincide with the release of the Netflix live-action film. It's been a long time since I've read it, and VLord will be joining us as a first-time reader of the series, so it'll be interesting to see how it holds up. We also plan to record an @Movies podcast on the Netflix film when it comes out as well. If you guys have any Death Note-related topics or suggestions you'd like us to discuss, let us know!

LumRanmaYasha

Reminder that tomorrow we're recording our Death Note retrospective! Feel free to send us any questions you want us to discuss on the show by posting them in this thread!

Daikun

On the same day you announced this podcast, Wisecrack did a video on the philosophical quandaries of Death Note.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y5QZ77-WYw
I think this video could help with your topic discussion.

Also, what are your thoughts on the upcoming Netflix movie?