Camp Camp

Started by Daikun, June 20, 2016, 04:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

So, Rooster Teeth's RWBY from a few years ago turned out to be a bust. Now they're trying a shot at something better.

Camp Camp is RT's latest animated series. It has better animation, less cliché writing, more interesting characters... Yeah, it's superior in every way.

The show takes place at the summer lodge Camp Campbell, where a group of cynical children have to deal with their annoyingly overly optimistic camp counselor.

Check out the series here. I just got done watching the first episode (I'm not paying to watch episode 2 early) and I'm already fascinated by it.

Peanutbutter

Two episodes down and I like this show already. Take out the language and it could just as easily air on Nick or CN.

I like David and Nikki, but really can't stand Max. Hope by the first season finale David breaks him, though chances are it will be the other way around. Its way better than RWBY, that's for sure.

Peanutbutter

Show's been done for a while, what did everyone here think of it?

I personally think it's Rooster Teeth's best cartoon and best project not named Red Vs. Blue.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Whoo-hoo! Can't wait!

Now can we please discuss the first season?  :imnothappy:

Daikun

I finally watched the season 2 premiere.

The music battle was awesome! :shakeshakeshake:

Peanutbutter

Yeah it was!

Some really good gags in this one. Loved the obvious joke with Dolph. :D I hope this season we get to see Nerris and Space Kid get their own episodes. Just keep Max's abrasiveness to tolerable levels and I'll be quite satisfied.

Peanutbutter

Didn't like Jermy Fartz as much because of the gross out gags, but Jasper Dies At The End was great!

Spoiler
I loved the subversion of the ending with Jasper "dying" on the inside. David as a kid is adorable.
[close]

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 17, 2017, 11:13:41 PMI hope this season we get to see Nerris and Space Kid get their own episodes.

Looks like you got your wish. Nerris had her own episode a few weeks back, and Space Kid's episode is in preview mode for now.

Peanutbutter

Yup, all three episodes were pretty good! With Space Kid, I think every Camp Camper has now had their own episode. This week it looks we're moving on to the side characters, the Flower Scouts. Won't give away the plot, but those of you that love Breaking Bad should love it! :D

Peanutbutter

It's Season Finale time. A full 23 minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44w3C-jLsxk

How is it? Welllllll.........its the best episode of the entire series.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Sweet!

Knew the extra episodes would be holiday specials. Hope they fully confirm a season three, though.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Nice! 

Christmas in July is a thing in most Summer based toons, so I knew we were getting a Christmas Special with the Halloween one. I have a feeling this one will have another big deep emotional scene like the season finales.