The Greatest Anime Episode Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, July 10, 2016, 01:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Maison Ikkoku #92: "Wedding Bells for Kozue! Is Godai's Love Eternal?!" - 12
Trigun #23: "Paradise" - 13
Ushio & Tora #19: "The Demon That Turns Back Time" - 11

"Paradise" moves on to round 4! The next match will be up shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

"After You've Gone"
"The Continuing Day By Day"
"Her Problem"

Spoiler

UY #44 is the most iconic episode of the series, being the first time Ataru realizes how much he's come to take Lum for granted and how deeply he cares for her. The scenes where Shinobu comforts him and the "Kokorobosoina" sequences are incredibly poignant in how far Ataru has come from how he was in the beginning of the series.

FMP:TSR #13 is a great culmination of Sosuke's character arc where he stops just following orders because he's supposed to, rejecting his former identity as a soldier and embracing who he is and what he wants.

FMP:TSR #9 is an excellent character-focused episode where Kaname manages to use ingenuity to get herself out of a life-or-death situation without Sosuke's help, in spite of her fear and insecurity.
[close]

Avaitor

"The Continuing Day By Day"
"Her Problem"
"After You've Gone"
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

VLordGTZ

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid #9: "Her Problem" - 7
Urusei Yatsura #44: "After You've Gone" - 11
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid #13: "The Continuing Day By Day" - 12

"The Continuing Day By Day" moves on to round 4! The next match will be up shortly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

"The Cross-Shaped Wound"
"The Beginning and the End, or 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'"
"To The Promised Night"

Spoiler

RKT&B #4 is the tragic turning point for Kenshin's character, where he realizes the blood on his hands and experiences losing a loved one, and must see the war through to the end so that he may later embark on a path of redemption.

NGE #24 finds Shinji finally meets someone who demands nothing of him and loves him unconditionally in Kaoru, who tragically turns out to be an angel that he is forced to kill, sending him into a spiral of depression that leads him to the world-ending choice he makes in End of Eva.

U&T #36 is a bittersweet conclusion to Hyou's grudge with Gurren, delivering a satisfying beat-down of the demon but costing him his life. Damn does him envisioning his family welcome him home as he passes away always bring a tear to my eye.

[close]

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Ushio & Tora #36: "To The Promised Night" - 7
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal #4:"The Cross-Shaped Wound" - 10
Neon Genesis Evangelion #24: "The Beginning and the End, or 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'" - 7

"The Cross-Shaped Wound" moves on to round 4! The next match will be up shortly.