gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

"After You've Gone"
"Mellow Maromi"
"Diablo"
"What It Takes To Be a Hero"

Spoiler

UY #44 is perhaps the most iconic episode of the series. It's the first time Ataru realizes how deeply he cares about Lum and has taken for granted her presence in his life, leading to his downward depression culminating in the beautiful "Kokorobosoina" scene where he walks aimlessly through town only to land up in the gutter crying for Lum to come back. It's overall touching with many humanizing character moments, especially the exchange between Ataru and Shinobu which really shows how much both have changed and matured from how they were at the beginning of the series.

PA #10 is a hilariously dark satire of how brutal and unforgiving the anime industry is, literally leading to everyone on the staff to kill themselves over working on a single episode of a kid's show.

Trigun #12 is a chilling introduction to Legato, and is the first time where Vash not only fails to save a lot of people, but is pushed so far that he almost breaks his code of pacificism and kills Monev. A bold start to the more plot-driven story to follow.

MHA #2 is an inspiring and emotionally moving character piece, showing why Midoriya has the heart of a true hero despite being powerless inspiring the most powerful superhero to risk everything to spring into action and save the day. The moment where All Might tells Deku he too can be a hero is one of the most emotionally satisfying payoffs to the first chapter/episode of any shonen series and is a strong way to begin a long-running series built on optimism and heroism.
[close]

VLordGTZ

"Diablo"
"After You've Gone"
"Mellow Maromi"

Spark Of Spirit

"Diablo"
"After You've Gone"
"Mellow Maromi"
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Do you still plan to vote GSF? Avaitor?

gunswordfist

Yes, I'm sorry. I get so easily distracted lol

gunswordfist

Pass. I cannot find any legal way to watch Urusei or Paranoid Agent.

LumRanmaYasha

Ok.

Results:

Trigun #12: "Diablo" - 9
My Hero Academia #2: "What it Takes to Be A Hero" - 8
Paranoia Agent #10: "Mellow Maromi" - 5
Urusei Yatsura #44: "After You've Gone" - 8

There's a tie between "What it Takes to Be A Hero" and "After You've Gone." Someone is going to have to break the tie before we can move on.

VLordGTZ

I'll change my vote to this:

"Diablo"
"After You've Gone"
"Mellow Maromi"

LumRanmaYasha

Thanks!

"Diablo" and "After You've Gone" move on to round 3! This concludes round 2! The next round will be up shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

Each match of round 3 will feature three episodes, and only one episode will move on to the next round.

Round 3: Match 1

Trigun #17: "Rem Saverem"

VS.

Yu Yu Hakusho #69: "The Power of Taboo"

VS.

Ashita no Joe 2 #47: "His Youth...Now Turned to Ash"

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Sorry, I was home and didn't log on while I was there.

And reverse of listed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken