Favorite YouTube Channels

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, July 12, 2016, 09:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm sure that many of us have our favorite Channels and YouTubers that we follow for creating content that entertains us in some way, being it talking about subject material that we are interested in or using the medium in some other unique way to keep us invested. This thread is intended to talk about whichever ones you like and why they are among your favorites, and it may be a good way to introduce others to channels which they may find interesting or vice versa. Now, I follow a lot of different channels, so I'm not about to list all of them, but here are some of the ones that I like to frequent:

Gaming:

HyperBitHero- Some people on this board may already be familiar with this channel, but this guy's videos are right up my alley. He does good analysis videos on various video games (many of which are the kinds that I love or would really like to play), and I particularly like his analysis bits on interesting video game villains with his "Devious Intent" series, as well as his "Your Next Favorite" series talking about underrated games from previous generations that are worth giving a look into, such as Zone of the Enders or the Yakuza series, among others.

TheSeraphim17- I've brought this guy up a lot, but out of all YouTubers, I probably actually get the most actual benefit out of his content. What I mean by that is in how he specializes in doing walkthroughs for various games on their hardest difficulty settings. I have managed to apply the strategies that he showcases in his videos to conquer quite a few tough games on their hardest difficulty settings, especially for stuff like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta.

TheGamingBritShow- I'll preface this by saying that the guy can be a real ass-hole with how he conveys his opinions. However, unlike other similar YouTubers of this nature, he somehow does it without coming off as a snob, and it does help that most of the time I actually do agree with a lot of his opinions. Sure, he can be outlandish and flat-out wrong about his hatred for certain game series, but I mostly like how he manages to nail why so many types of games that I love are indeed great stuff, while many of the big-budget AAA games of the modern era are dropping the ball in many ways that critics don't ever seem to acknowledge.

That One Video Gamer- I've gone on about The Completionist before, but I still follow this channel, and Jirard's videos are actually even better than before ever since he lost Greg (who I'm sure was a nice guy, but he really was dragging the show down with his unfunny side commentary). My only gripe is that he hasn't been covering many games that I'm interested in lately, but I can hardly blame that on him.

Core-A Gaming- This is my favorite fighting game channel. If you're a fan of fighting games in any capacity, you can learn a lot here about the meta-scene here, mainly in regard to the FGC and how it functions. That said, while he does do some technical videos, this isn't really the kind of channel to look for that stuff at. Vesper Arcade and Cross Counter TV (consider them to be my honorable mentions) are where I go to in order to actually learn how to play games like Street Fighter better, but I don't follow those channels religiously. However, CAG has given me a newfound love and appreciation for all things fighting games. Even if you're not a fan of fighting games, I highly recommend checking out some of his videos about why fighting games are worth playing since it may at least get you to understand and respect the amount of heart and passion that people put into these games, and what their general appeal is.

Maximilian Dood- This one is just for the fun commentary. He's essentially a Let's Player for fighting games, and is generally really good with most fighting games, at that. I can always count on watching his videos when I want a short burst of fun.

JonTronShow- While he has done some non-gaming-related videos, the bulk majority of his material is reviewing and parodying video games, and what can I say? He's absolutely hilarious. Whereas I've seen many annoying AVGN rip-offs over the years who just follow the angry reviewer shtick but only come off as more annoying than funny, there's just something really fresh about JT's up-beat attitude in his videos despite being negative reviews of older games. He just knows how to make people laugh. My favorite video of his still has to be the Clock Tower one.

Movies:

CineFix- I mainly follow this channel for their "What's the Difference?" series, which details the difference between movie or TV adaptations and their source material counter parts. I also liked their other video series like Anatomy of a Scene and Film Schooled, but unfortunately they seem to have stopped making those, so my investment in the channel is much more limited than before. I don't really care about any of their reviews, but occasionally they do throw out good top 5-10 lists, so there's also that.

Every Frame a Painting- I think that many people are aware of this channel, and for good reason. If for some reason you aren't, though, and you have any interest in film whatsoever, then I highly recommend it. These videos do a superb job of detailing just how in-depth any single shot of a film can be in what goes into composing it and what meaning it manages to convey. The way he analyzes scenes that I have been familiar with for almost all my life and manages to convince me to look at it in a whole new ways never fails to astonish me. This is easily some of my all-time favorite content on all of YouTube.

Screen Junkies- I'll admit, for the most part, Honest Trailers got stale a few years ago, and their regular videos with Hal Rudnick are pretty hit or miss depending on the subject material being covered. However, the reason that I still follow them every week is for one show, which happens to be my personal favorite podcast show, and that's "Movie Fights!" It's the perfect entertainment for nerds like myself who just love movies of all kinds and it's great to see three people debate about various topics about movies every single week. I rarely ever come across an episode that's entirely boring, and the topics range from legitimately interesting discussions to flat-out ridiculous ones that lead into some truly over-the-top and hilarious conversations. For that reason alone, I am a loyal follower to this channel.

Channel Awesome- Yeah, I don't think that I really need to go into any detail here. The Nostalgia Critic videos are hit or miss, and that's the only reason that I am even subscribed to the channel (the actual website gives me a lot of problems loading videos for some reason), but every now and then Doug manages to turn in a legitimately good video.

GoodBadFlicks- These videos aren't for everyone, but I just find it so refreshing to have a YouTuber that is so genuinely against normal opinions and dedicates most of his videos to talking about films which he feels are either underrated or get an undeserved amount of hate. And I am a huge fan of his "Exploring" series, in which he does a lot of research on the amount of hard work and effort that went into making many different films, and how he personally defends each (or most) of those movies and why they thinks that, despite their faults, there's more merit to them than most other people give them credit for. It'd be one thing to just defend unpopular movies for the sake of it, but even when I don't agree with his opinions (which happens a lot), he manages to find a really good way of explaining why at least he likes the movies that he does, and he backs up a lot of his arguments with fairly good evidence. So, in general, these are pretty fun videos for me to watch.

Wisecrack- Both "Earthling Cinema" and "Thug Notes" have provided me with lots of laughs, and "The Philosophy of" videos are usually pretty intriguing watches.

Anime/Manga:

TeamFourStar- No need for any explanations here. Yes, they do have some other content, but their main series is Dragon Ball Z Abridged, and it is genuinely one of the most hilarious things on the Internet, especially if you're a fan of the source material. What i really appreciate is that the people of TFS really know their stuff about the series and even hardcore fans like myself can miss some of their well-hidden references to the most obscure aspects of the DB franchise on my initial viewings of any given episode. Needless to say, I frequently re-watch their content.

LittleKuriboh- Same deal as TFS, except for Yu-gi-oh, which is the only other abridged series that I bother to follow anymore. And yes, I know that Antfish had a really good Abridged series for JoJo's Phantom Blood, but he has pretty much stopped doing that for a couple of years, so there's not point in listing his channel here as one that I currently follow.

Mother's Basement- So, I should take this chance to just say that, there aren't a whole lot of anime YouTubers that I like. In fact, aside from Abridged series creators who primarily focus on comedy, I find that just about any channels that focus on creating anime-based content to be taken seriously tend to fall into one of two categories: incredibly stupid, or snobbishly pretentious. And yes, I acknowledge that Digibro does occasionally make videos that I genuinely like. But even he has something really asinine about his attitude and demeanor (no matter how much he tries to hide it) that turns me off. What pisses me off about the latter camp of anime reviewers so much is that I can't help but shake the sense that they think way too highly of themselves simply because they have MAL accounts showing "just how much anime they've watched" and somehow use that as a way to assert their opinions as better than everyone else. Maybe it's just me, but I can't help but shake that feeling from almost any anime YouTube reviewer that I've watched, and it's not a feeling that I get from any of the intelligent and well-versed movie YouTubers that I follow, so clearly it's not just me imagining things. And yes, I'm sure that there are good anime YouTubers buried under all of the others that I would genuinely like, but for the most part I haven't really found any yet. And that's where Mother's Basement comes in. He's clearly very intelligent and really knows his stuff, but he's really the only one of his kind that I've come across so far who conveys his opinions without coming off as condescending or above anyone else. And his "What's in an OP" series, which is the main series that I an many others follow him for, is excellent. It does a great job of showing his passion for the art-form of the anime intro themes, as well as the medium in general, and his spin-off "What's in" videos are equally as insightful and entertaining. So for that reason, I just really enjoy his content.

MistareFusion- The Dragonball Dissection videos on this channel are superb. While he has done other stuff relating to Batman as well as other properties, DBD is at the heart of this channel, and these are by far the best series of Dragonball-related analysis videos that I have ever seen. It really shows just how much more to this series there is than the mindless slog-fest that people like to believe it is, and I almost feel like linking to this video series every time I see someone try to slap that label onto the series in that way. If any of you are even remotely into any aspect of Dragonball, then I HIGHLY recommend this series. You will learn A LOT from it.

Miscellaneous:

Cinemassacre- Much like Channel Awesome, no explanations are really needed here. I decided that because it had equal amounts of movie and gaming content, that I wouldn't classify it as belonging exclusively to either category. While you could just watch the videos on the website, there is a convenience to having YouTube's playlist option in order to play multiple videos back to back instead of navigating the very densely organized website, so that's why I tend to watch most of their videos over here. And yeah, I may not be that into AVGN, but James Rolfe's movie content is still what really draws me in.

ScrewAttack!- In all honestly, I only ever follow this channel for their "Death Battle!" series and nothing else in particular. I've talked about this series at length before, and even created a thread for it, so I don't need to elaborate on it anymore here.

Preston Jacobs- I talked about him at length on the Game of Thrones thread, but while Preston's crack-pot theories can be fun to watch for shits and giggles, his "What You Are Missing" series is what I became a regular for. Of course, his Game of Thrones Watch Season Six videos are absolutely hilarious, IMO, and are an excellent critique on the show without Preston coming off as being way too up his own ass, so while they did cause him to take a hiatus from the WYAM series, I can excuse it since I got so much entertainment out of those videos. That said, what I do like about him is, regardless of whether I believe in any of his theory videos or not, he clearly has a lot of passion for GRRM's books (and I mean ALL of them, not just ASOIAF), and he does an excellent job of putting a lot of heart into each and every one of his videos. And yes, I even learned a lot about the deeper themes and meaning behind most of GRRM's work from some of these videos, so it really opened my eyes a lot to interpreting stuff like ASOIAF in a completely different way than how I initially perceived it.

Alt Shift X- Another GOT/ASOIAF YouTuber who deals in theory videos in the same vein as Preston. That said, these videos are considerably less crack-pot and backed by incredibly good evidence, so I follow these videos pretty religiously.

Overall, those are the YouTube channels which I tend to come back to regularly, but there are several more channels that I have yet to mention which I occasionally visit as well. That said, let me know what you guys like to watch from YouTube, and whether you also follow any of the same channels that I do.

Spark Of Spirit

You pretty much listed the few I keep up with.

My only additions are the comparatively recent Midnight's Edge which deals with behind the scenes movie news and opinions and one other. Midnight's Edge try to come at the news seriously and chase down rumors, which makes it a fun channel to watch when you just want to know the news.

The other one is GameXplain which is a channel run by four Nintendo fans who like to talk about games. The best aspect is the lack of fanboyism and doomsaying so prevalent on any other channel. They also aren't obnoxious, which is a rarity for gaming channels.

As for anime/manga, I don't follow any. If anyone can find one where the user isn't an ANN lackey, shonen hater, Japanophile, or moe hound, I would be very surprised. That's why I was surprised when LumRanmaYasha started his podcast. It was nice to just have manga fans discussing news and series without any obnoxiousness.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Game Maker's Toolkit - An easy-to-digest explanation on how various game mechanics work. Unlike Extra Credits, which often goes into broader questions about industry philosophies, GMT keeps it simple. He takes a game and shows how one specific mechanic functions (or how a level is designed).

Son of a Glitch and Glitchfest - Two channels that serve the same purpose: Show off all the glitches in various video games. SotG updates more often, though.

Gaming Historian - I've been watching this guy since the early days of YouTube. He produces documentary-esque videos that are full of historical information on anything relating to video games.

Oddity Archive - Product reviews of old and obsolete tech. He goes into the historical and scientific aspects of how said tech worked--LaserDisc, vinyl, analog TV, ham radio... anything that's old and no longer supported--and actually digs it up and demonstrates it.

LGR Tech Tales - Not necessarily a full channel (I haven't yet watched all its content), but this particular playlist is fascinating. LGR talks about old tech companies that were prominent in decades past and shows what happened to them and where they are today.

Auralnauts - You guys like Abridged Series, right? Well, how about abridged live-action movies? :happytime: Auralnauts is currently doing gag dubs of Star Wars; they've done the first four movies already. They also dub assorted clips from other films.

Cracked's Honest Ads - The greatest thing that Cracked has ever made. Watch your salesman Roger completely deconstruct various types of ads while gleefully serving foolish customers the crap that they're shilling money for.

Dr. Insomniac

I'm a horrible scrub who binges on Game Grumps and Two Best Friends on a daily basis.

Foggle

I only really keep up with JonTron, Dunkey, h3h3, and SiIvaGunner.

Peanutbutter

For people not listed yet, I like AlphaOmegaSin. He does a good job giving video game news. He might turn some people off because of how hotheaded he can get, but I think the dude is a genuine guy. He's not perfect, but you can tell he wears his love for video games on his sleeve. What I really like is that he'll even give out some obscure updates related to gaming and always tries to pimp up lesser known good games or indies.

Also enjoy Grade A Under A. He uses two crudely drawn stick figures and primitive animation to point out the bullcrap in everyday things, and also has scalped some YouTubers that are corrupt or plain rotten. He has some skeletons in his own closet, but most of his stuff is hilarious.

LumRanmaYasha

Aside from people already mentioned:

The Game Theorists/The Film Theorists - MatPat's batshit crazy theories are fun, but I really enjoy the ones where he does a lot of research and statistical analysis. The rest of the video series on their channels are pretty entertaining and informative too.

Gaijin Goombah - He does stuff for Game Theorists too, but he does more on his own channel. I'm interested in learning more about other cultures and history and his videos are great in digging into the cultural and historical influences in games and japanese pop culture.

The Dom - His "Lost in Adaptation" series compares film adaptations to their original novels, and he does a great job of comparing how films stack up as an adaptation and a stand alone work compared to their original novels.

Rantasmo - How the LGBT culture and community is portrayed in media interests me, and Rantasmo does a good job looking at subtext and text found in a variety of media and what that has to say about the relationship between popular culture and the perception of LGBT people.

Chez Lindsay - Lindsay's Loose Canon series does a good job of looking through how popular characters have been historically depicted and interpreted through the years.

Shark Jumping - Their show looks at when tv series jumped the shark, and they're usually pretty spot on. Their chemistry and banter is pretty fun too.

Atop the Fourth Wall - His comic reviews have always been very entertaining, and over the years I've grown to like his storylines more as well.

Stoned Gremlin Productions - I've always enjoyed the Cinema Snob, but I probably listen to Midnight Screenings more these days, since Brad's perspective on movies tend to align with my own more often than not, so I can determine whether or not I'll enjoy a movie I'm on the fence about seeing by listening to him. But really, just about anything Brad does is fun to watch and listen to.

Gigguk - Gigguk does both reviews and abridged parodies, and I enjoy them both pretty equally. Really liking his new "Anime in 5 Minutes" series in particular.

Elite3 - Their Pokemon 'Bridged is probably my third favorite abridged series after YGOA and DBZA, and their let's play stuff can be fun too, especially Jessie's Huniepop escapades which were absolutely hilarious.

Blackenfist - There's a whole community of Youtubers dedicated specifically to talking about Dragon Ball, but I find Blackenfist to be the most articulate and charismatic of the bunch, and most of his opinion pieces about the series tend to bring up some pretty good points.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on July 15, 2016, 01:50:04 PMThe Game Theorists/The Film Theorists - MatPat's batshit crazy theories are fun, but I really enjoy the ones where he does a lot of research and statistical analysis. The rest of the video series on their channels are pretty entertaining and informative too.

Gaijin Goombah - He does stuff for Game Theorists too, but he does more on his own channel. I'm interested in learning more about other cultures and history and his videos are great in digging into the cultural and historical influences in games and japanese pop culture.

I also follow and enjoy these series. Granted that I do have a small gripe with MatPat's later videos in that he cribs a little too heavily on already existing theories without adding much material of his own. Obviously most of these theories are usually based on other theories, but a good example of where he gets lazy is with stuff like the Chosen One theory from Harry Potter or the R + L = J theory from Game of Thrones. The former one wasn't even really a proper theory because the books had already brought up the possibility of the Chose One Prophecy potentially not referring to Harry Potter, and the R + L = J theory has been around so long that there were already tons of videos about it since before Film Theory did a video on it, which I wouldn't mind if it weren't for the fact that MatPat didn't add anything at all to the theory, nor did he even explain it as well as some other videos did (particularly Alt Shift X who explains these things with incredible detail). Those are two examples but there are others.

That said I do like most of those videos, but just prefer the ones that are more on the crazy side and not meant to be taken too seriously rather than the serious ones that ape too heavily off of theories that other people put a lot of work into and deserve more credit for. That's why videos like Mario hating Luigi or the more scientific ones like having the Ki blasts of DBZ, alchemy of FMA, or estimating the calories of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man applied to real life are more up my alley.

QuoteBlackenfist - There's a whole community of Youtubers dedicated specifically to talking about Dragon Ball, but I find Blackenfist to be the most articulate and charismatic of the bunch, and most of his opinion pieces about the series tend to bring up some pretty good points.

I've watched some of his videos along with a few other DBZ YouTubers. I do respect how he at least puts more research into his general videos than certain other DBZ YouTubers who just ramble on a lot and don't actually seem to understand that much about the series that they are supposedly big fans of.

Speaking of which, "everyone's favorite" top 10 list channel did a video ranking the top 10 Dragonball YouTubers (that's how you can tell how badly they are running out of ideas) and literally half of their picks were the more obnoxious personalities that I couldn't stand. Also, no surprise, but Mistare Fusion was nowhere to be found on the list, not even among the honorable mentions. :imnothappy:

Daikun

I have a love-hate relationship with MatPat. When he gets into his scientific data and ties it into video game physics, that's when his videos get really good. However, when he starts getting into fan theories ("Is Toad Evil?" "Is Phoenix Wright a criminal?"), that's when I get frustrated with him. He also became increasingly clickbaity over time and he won't stop shoving FNAF references in our faces.

Speaking of FNAF references, did you see his most recent video (which he uploaded today)?

Seriously, dude? The game isn't even fucking out yet.

I feel like the only reason I'm subscribed to him anymore is for all the other contributors to that channel, who still make meaningful videos that don't feel like Buzzfeed Lite. Gaijin Goombah is still the best thing on there and the Brief History series is awesome. MatPat himself seems to have taken a major nosedive.

EDIT: Oh, and Smash History is really good, too. Forgot to mention that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't necessarily mind him having some click-bait videos in order to get views. After all, running a YouTube channel is like running a business, and of course any business will go for what makes them more money. My issue with MatPat is how he has taken this trend to an extreme, though, as you mentioned with the FNAF examples, and clearly puts a lot less effort into making those videos as he just takes theories that already exist and repackages them as his own. After a while it just gets tiresome.

I also much prefer his videos that focus on applying real-life science to video games, movies, TV shows, or anime. You can actually learn some worthwhile stuff from those and you can tell that a lot more research went into those kinds of episodes (although he does still cut corners with his occasional assumptions).

Daxdiv

Quote from: Daikun on July 16, 2016, 03:48:46 PM
I have a love-hate relationship with MatPat. When he gets into his scientific data and ties it into video game physics, that's when his videos get really good. However, when he starts getting into fan theories ("Is Toad Evil?" "Is Phoenix Wright a criminal?"), that's when I get frustrated with him. He also became increasingly clickbaity over time and he won't stop shoving FNAF references in our faces.

My favorite part is when his fan-theories end up having holes in them. Like in the recent Phoenix Wright episode, where he claims that holding evidence is illegal, yet ignoring the fact that the prosecutors pull the same stunt as well. If I had a dollar every time one of the prosecutors were like "You forgot about this piece of evidence" or "UPDATED AUTOPSY REPORT" I'd make a good chunk of change. That and it does feel like he didn't even play the other games in the series, since the final case in the 2nd game had Phoenix try to get the client he was defending thrown into jail after he learned he was behind the murder. That and of course him brushing off how the Ace Attorney series is more based on Japanese law system, but justifying it by saying that it's in a place call Ja-merica. You'd think by combining two places with two different sets of laws, you'd figured that maybe, just maybe, that said combined places would probably have a combination of both countries laws or something. Even ignoring that game's manual does have a disclaimer saying that this is a work of fiction.

That and his Sans from Undertale is Ness from Earthbound which was reaching to the extreme. I'm not even the biggest Undertale fan, but even I thought that theory was stupid as all hell. Mostly relying on the fact linking it to Toby being a fan of EB and the Halloween Hack Toby did as a teen. For those that don't know, to this day Toby tells his fans not to hunt down playing the Halloween Hack due to the fact that he's mostly ashamed at his younger's self attempt at being an edgelord.

Also... HE GAVE THE POPE UNDERTALE! is my new favorite meme. :^)

Daikun

It's been a while. I think it's time to add a few more.

Gavin Dunne (a.k.a. Miracle of Sound) - I made a thread about this guy over a year ago and got no response, so I hope I can encourage a spark in this thread. He makes theme songs based on movies and video games. (Note: He's NOT like Brentalfloss. He doesn't remix soundtracks and add lyrics; rather, he makes his own original compositions.) His music is a blend of metal and Irish folklore.

Phantom Strider - A cartoon reviewer who does top 10 lists. He'll review the best and worst shows on any given network, the best and worst episodes of any series, etc.

TheCrazyEven - He talks about controversies in the video game industry and their impact on the world...using a goofy voice. He'll also occasionally do streams and Let's Plays of notoriously controversial games on the side.

Colin Furze - A highly charismatic engineer who creates wacky, over-the-top inventions. He's like a real-life version of Phineas Fletcher...and his inventions actually work!

The Remaker - My newest subscription--I discovered him earlier this week. He compares and contrasts classic movies to their remakes and recommends which one he feels is better worth your time (sometimes, he might recommend both).

Academics Today - An online course on the history of American comics, starting with the cave paintings and literature of early civilizations to satirical newspaper strips to graphic novels and superheroes.

Mustang

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 12, 2016, 09:04:09 PM

Maximilian Dood- This one is just for the fun commentary. He's essentially a Let's Player for fighting games, and is generally really good with most fighting games, at that. I can always count on watching his videos when I want a short burst of fun.

I used to watch Max quite a bit a couple years back. I still watch a select few of his videos every now and then (Mainly 3rd strike). I don't know, something about the guy just bothers me, and it started around the time when UMvC3 was peaking, I guess. One of the things that irk me is when you play top tier characters and complain about someone else using top tier. That to me comes off as if you're a fraud. I understand that Zero and Virgil are the bane to anyone, but don't complain when you are using Doom and Strider (specifically lvl 3 x-factor Strider). It took a turn for the worse in USF4. I know he played on PC, but I also know that there are some strong dudes on PC. How is it that you are avoiding competition when all the people you play tend to play on a low level? And it's crazy because I think he's really good in UMvC3, but where are the stronger dudes at? I respect the guy because of what he's doing and his passion for fighting games, but unless it's SF3 I don't really watch much of his videos anymore.

Anyway,

UltraChenTV - What Sportscenter is to ESPN is what UltraChenTV is like to the FGC, although I will say for what they are trying to do they (and as light hearted as it is) they take themselves a little too seriously with trying to model themselves like Sportscenter or Pardon the Interruption. In any case, they mainly talk about in tournament events that went on over the weekend or upcoming tournaments along with a bit of random news that pop up on Shoryuken website. Also talk about whatever the community tends to talk about (tiers, best players, etc.)

Goldenrody - My daily fix for Guilty Gear (Revelator or X2+R). Channel is loaded with high level matches of Guilty Gear players (I think he also have BlazBlue on there as well)

TheShend - Much like Goldenrody, but for Street Fighter 3rd Strike.

SmugdaBeast - Tournament player that streams. Currently playing Street Fighter 5, but he posts all of his streams on Youtube. So I get all of my Dudley knowledge from his videos along with The Tut (Shintroy's Dudley tutorial). This is also why I tend to look at Max a little differently. Smug actually play's high level players. PR Balrog also plays high level players along with Justin Wong. Capcom Pro Talk (Mike Ross and Floe are on PC and they play high level players so I know for sure that PC have high quality players).

Daigo the Beast TV - The Beast himself has finally started streaming. Street Fighter 5 is his main game but he's been learning Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator as well so I'm hoping he'll play more of that as well.

Almost forgot

Nica KO - Learn how to play 3rd Strike.

That's about all I go to. I would watch Let's play's but I can't stand people talking lol.
Street Fighter 6 - Ken, Cammy
Tekken 8 - Hwoarang, Lee, Kazuya

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He doesn't have a lot of videos out, but Ajay has some great animation videos that detail the bodies of work regarding some of Dragon Ball's most talented and prolific animators. His episode on Naoki Tate in particular is highly informative: https://youtu.be/IXenwvA7Clg

Daikun

Time for a few more!

Kaptain Kristian - Video essays on all types of animation. He doesn't just cover animated films and TV. He also covers comics, music videos, and visual effects.

Comic Strip Critic - One of my favorite comic reviewers on YouTube. He mainly covers newspaper strips and (once in a blue moon) webcomics. He doesn't update as often as he used to, but he has a great archive worth checking out.

Crash Thompson - He does full album reviews from rock bands old and new. Whether you like long, in-depth reviews or quickie reviews that last a few minutes, he has you covered on both ends.

Max Gilardi (a.k.a. hotdiggedydemon) - I think most of us recognize this guy from his Pony.MOV series, but I've been watching him long before that. I discovered him through his short-lived Wacky Game Jokez series and watched his other sick, twisted animations. He's currently doing a new series called Brain Dump where he talks about movies.

Archimedies123 - He does analysis on gaming consoles and makes predictions on how tech and market trends could influence the gaming public. He rarely updates, but when he does, it's quite a treat.