Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

IIRC the Chappelle Show releases cut out pretty much all the musical performances, so they might just go with that.

If they want to release it that bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

True, but Chappelle's Show didn't have it's musical performers come out and interact with the cast most of the time like they did in AT. It'd be weird if they kept those sequences in but the performances out, and awful if they just cut them both out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I think it's possible they could do both, but I guess we'll see. It all comes down to Shout if they even want to bother.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

I'll take it. Not my ideal choice, for obvious reasons (really, I'd rather finish up Clarissa and Pete & Pete first), but if this is the starting point for more classic live-action Nick releases, hey, whatever works for 'em.

It's been a pretty long time since I've seen this show anyways (as far as I know, it hasn't even aired in reruns in over 10 years), so watching it again should make for some interesting nostalgic viewing. It wasn't one of my favorite live-action Nick shows, but from what I remember about it, I still liked it.

Kiddington

-bump-

Just out of curiosity, anyone here catch that new show "Bucket and Skinner's Epic Adventures" yet? I decided to sit through the episode following the FOP movie last night, and, uh... well...

Good lord. This could quite possibly be the flat-out worst thing that Nickelodeon has ever done, live-action, animation, or otherwise. I just... I couldn't believe what I was actually watching. This one episode was even worse than the entire FOP movie, and after having just sat through that, I didn't think anything of that magnitude could be humanly possible.

While I'll be the first to admit that stuff like iCarly isn't my cup of tea, at least I could see why people would watch and enjoy it. It's not really lame or anything, and kids today can probably partly relate to the characters, and what they do. This, on the other hand... I've never seen anything quite like it. For starters, who even talks like this? Honestly, it's almost like they took the basic premise for Rocket Power, cut out two of the main characters, and shot it in live-action. Yes, that's what I'm calling it; live-action Rocket Power.

If you want to see something truly ghastly, watch an episode of this. It really is something else.

...oh, and one last thing; what kind of sadistic fuck would actually name their child "Bucket"? Or "Aloe"? Or "Three Pieces"? Actual character names, right here. Not making this up, either. :whuh:

Foggle

Quote from: Kiddington on July 10, 2011, 10:43:24 PM
Honestly, it's almost like they took the basic premise for Rocket Power, cut out two of the main characters, and shot it in live-action. Yes, that's what I'm calling it; live-action Rocket Power.
Oh my fuck. :whuh:

Spark Of Spirit

I think it's supposed to be a Bill & Ted type show. Unfortunately despite outward appearances, you need GREAT writers to make it work. It's really hard to write this style of humor (I've tried for various writing projects), and if you write it badly... well, watch this show.

Eddy

I made it about thirty seconds into that Bucket & Skinner shit before having to change the channel.

ToonFaithful

Quote from: Kiddington on July 10, 2011, 10:43:24 PM
...oh, and one last thing; what kind of sadistic fuck would actually name their child "Bucket"? Or "Aloe"? Or "Three Pieces"? Actual character names, right here. Not making this up, either. :whuh:
I checked it out after the movie also. Seemed like one of those Nickelodeon live-action shows that I couldn't get into, no matter how much I watch it. This along with Tru Jackson VP, Big Time Rush, and Victorious. Also, I noticed the episode had the "We gotta dress up as girls to get into the party" plot. Cliche, one of the things that almost kept me from watching it.

Well, Charlie's last name from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was Bucket, but I agree. At least that was Charlie's last name, I couldn't live with Bucket as my first name nor Skinner.

Avaitor

Enough about the bad, let's talk about the good!

The shows I caught in this promo:

Kenan & Kel
All That
The Adventures of Pete & Pete
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Double Dare
Doug
AAAHH!!! Real Monsters
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Clarissa Explains It All
Hey Arnold!
CatDog
Salute Your Shorts

And Are You Afraid of the Dark? was mentioned, albeit not seen.

Pretty good haul of potential shows, it seems. Just about the only show I don't really like here at all is CatDog and I wish that they could buy back the rights to YCDTOTV (80's or not), but I'll be catching up with this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

That was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. July 25th, hurry up and get your ass here already.  :swoon:

Couple of unexpected surprises (and delights) on this list. Legends of the Hidden Temple wasn't mentioned at first, but nice call slotting it in this lineup; it'll be great to see it on TV again, as it was always my favorite out of the 90's Nick gameshow roster. I don't believe Double Dare or Hey Arnold were mentioned at first glance either, so those are a couple of other cool additions.

I can't wait. It's been such a long time since I've seen most this stuff (Stick Stickly! They even had Stick Stickly in that promo!). It'll almost feel like being a kid again. Really looking forward to this.

Dr. Insomniac

I'd probably care if I actually had TeenNick. Good for you guys though.

ToonFaithful

Wow! That was awesome! It's like classic Nicktoons and Nickelodeon GAS combined!

Rocket Power is gonna be on the block too.

Avaitor

Yep, apparently so. I've also heard that Alex Mack, Rocko, GUTS, and the Amanda Show will show up too. And considering the resurgence of Nigel Thornberry, you can count on Wild Thornberrys showing up at some point as well. And apparently this is the schedule for the first week.

12:00am All That
12:30am Kenan & Kel
1:00am Clarissa Explains It All
1:30am Doug

All That's going to start in it's second season, while the others air their first episodes instead. Not bad, but I'll skip recording Clarissa, since I have the DVD.

New blog!

Avaitor

Huh. It turns out that they're starting Clarissa off midway through the second season for some reason.

Looks like I'm recording it after all.

New blog!