Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Well...

Might actually have to check that out.

Avaitor

Apparently the block is trying some chunks of various shows here and there, mixed together with some of their more popular shows. Some of the less-used ones they're bringing out include Alex Mack and My Brother and Me.

I haven't watched the block in the longest time, but I'm always in the mood to see Alex Mack again, so hey.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Oh, so there have been hints about a Hey Dude reunion special happening.

I shit you not.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

That seems unlikely to me, given how much Nick seems to despise everything they've made that isn't currently airing on their channel.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I don't have any concrete evidence, but the author of the recent book about Nick's older period and the person who played Brad have said that something is in the cards.

It does kind of make sense, since this is the show's 25th anniversary, and most of them have already done a paneled reunion, but it does seem unlikely that Nick would dedicate their time to a show that hasn't been on the network in 15 years. Unless they try it during Nick@Nite, which would actually be a bit of fresh breath between the endless Friends and Full House repeats they air.

Also, I just went on the book's FB page, and apparently Sponge from Salute Your Shorts is auditioning for The Voice. That's... huh.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Peanutbutter

Just heard about that, it's really disappointing as I was looking forward to reading that Slimed book. That event mentioned in the article was just canceled too as a result.

Avaitor

New blog!

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Dear lord, I just got to the part where he said that all these shows were good because they were made by white people. It's like I'm reading a Tumblr's SJW straw man of the cis-white-male or however you go about that.

Avaitor

So a 90's Nick event he had planned for NYCC got cancelled as a result for this interview, and he's been getting plenty of shit as a result of it. One person tried to defend Klickerstein as a victim of corporate interest and censorship. This rebuttle was posted almost instantly.

QuoteSorry, dude, Klickstein knows how to play the game. He's done plenty of self-promotion for this book (well over two years worth of it now) and gotten tons of big press and attention, so don't try to cut him slack because he hasn't figured out how to conduct himself in an interview. If my book got half the attention his did, I'd certainly be watching what I say EVERYWHERE and passing everything through a publicist.

It IS his fault that NYCC caved into bad PR because he created bad PR in the first place. Did one of the Pete & Pete guys brag about the show's whiteness right before the event? If Klickstein was a real writer/journalist, he would've recognized the Flavorwire writer's use of the classic trap: see the crazy things the interviewee says forthright, then prod him/her for more.

As far as the comments on social media, they're predictable but surprisingly civil considering. "Your liberty ends where my nose begins." And from what I see, Klickstein isn't getting any threats.

Keep in mind, he hasn't even apologized. Stop trying to make him out to be a social justice martyr, it's a bad look. Oh, nice image choice, BTW. What is he supposed to be, Harry Moore or Dr. King or something? Geez.

While I don't fully agree with the notion of Klickerstein being baited, this is legit. And written by Thad fucking Komorowski, no less. When he's the one making sense, you know that the person involved done goofed.

New blog!

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Wow, that sure lasted a long while. Wonder what finally made them want to bow out? I saw parts of the first few seasons and thought this was actually pretty good. If it could only get on Netflix I wouldn't mind catching up to it.

Spark Of Spirit

That took much too long. Especially considering how low it went in later seasons.