Tom and Jerry

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 09:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Tex Avery made better shorts at MGM than everyone else at the studio, IMO.

I'm okay with this.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on December 06, 2013, 04:45:11 PM
Tex Avery made better shorts at MGM than everyone else at the studio, IMO.

I'm okay with this.
I can't argue with that either. In fact, I've wanted CN to do this for a while, and I think it's cool that they finally are.

Are they still airing Looney Tunes right before? Because if so, that's a hell of a two hours of cartoons.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nameless

I always did like the shorts produced by Bill and Joe the best from a quality standpoint, but I admit to being a fan of Chuck Jones's shorts, in no small because I find them quite aesthetically appealing. Tom and Jerry have a very pleasing quasi-geometric look to them there.

hobbyfan

I liked some of the classic H-B shorts, but I absolutely love Chuck Jones' run. I may be in a minority here, but I was not a fan of Gene Deitch's run. Likewise, his run on Popeye wasn't spectacular, either.

Avaitor

So this is happening. I have no real desire to own these shorts, but the booklet looks like it'd be a good read. Still, we really need the second Golden Collection first.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

WB is planning another theatrical film.

Hey, if it washes out the bad taste of that 90s movie, I'd support it.

Spark Of Spirit

I severely doubt anyone even remembers that movie.

Personally I just hope this won't be a pop culture gag fest like these revival movies have ended up being for like the last decade or so.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I was about to say, "There was a '90s film?" unironically. I didn't click the link but I'd love to see a non-CG, non-live action movie.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 16, 2015, 12:33:03 AM
I was about to say, "There was a '90s film?" unironically. I didn't click the link but I'd love to see a non-CG, non-live action movie.
Good thing Warner makes one every year! :shakeshakeshake:

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 16, 2015, 12:33:03 AMI was about to say, "There was a '90s film?" unironically.

Proceed at your own risk.

QuoteI didn't click the link but I'd love to see a non-CG, non-live action movie.

The article says it'll be animated "in the vein of the source material."

gunswordfist

So basically it was a Disney ripoff. :whuh:

Daikun

gunswordfist

Daikun

So, remember The Tom & Jerry Show that premiered on CN a while back?

It's getting a second season, and they're improving the animation! Check out that link to see the changes between the first and second seasons.

Daikun