Why did you choose your Avatar and/or Signature?

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 18, 2011, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, maybe it might not count as creativity, but if you think about it adding in our own avatars and signatures is our own way of "creating" a unique theme to our profiles to make us stand out among other forum users and sort of represents some of our characteristics in some cases, or just stuff that we love in general, so I think it fits in this thread.

Anyways this is a reboot of 2 topics from the old site that crashed but just merged into one joint topic. So, with that said, just explain what your avatar and or signature is an image of if you don't think that people know, and then explain a little bit of its significance to you personally, and why you chose it to represent you, or at least your profile.

I bet nobody can guess why I chose mine's, hurhurhurhur? :sly:

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on January 18, 2011, 11:57:29 PM
I like Excel Saga. A whole bunch.

I always thought that you just had a fetish for women vomiting up copious amounts of blood.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on January 19, 2011, 12:00:40 AM
Quote from: Foggle on January 18, 2011, 11:57:29 PM
I like Excel Saga. A whole bunch.

I always thought that you just had a fetish for women vomiting up copious amounts of blood.
Doesn't have to be women. Men, animals, aliens, etc. are all fair game. S'all about dat blood.

As for the quotes, the one under my avatar is from Wages of SiN -- a game no one's ever played -- and the one above my sig pic is from Cemetery Man -- a movie no one's ever watched.

Daxdiv

Because it's a Pikachu in a motherfucking highchair, that's why. As for the sig, I thought the image was cute. The other thing is a link to GPX Plus, it's a site I like to goof out on from time to time.

Commode

Uh, idk, my avatar is because I like Nickelodeon, and on Saturday nights in the 90's it turned to SNICK, with the orange couch and a majority of the network's live-action shows airing during the block.  Such good fun to be had.

My siggy is a shot from the 1943 Looney Tunes short "Porky Pig's Feat".  I really like Looney Tunes, one of my favorite directors(aside from Tex Avery and Chuck Jones) is Frank Tashlin, and this is arguably his best cartoon for WB.  Plus, it also kind of ties in with the whole Nickelodeon thing, because Nick used to promote Looney Tunes on Nickelodeon with a colorized version of this same clip.

Whew, too much explanation.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I have my avatar as Fred Flintstone smoking because it reminds me of a simpler time. A better time. A more fulfilling time that I wasn't a part of.

My sig has an original made by my good friend Rissa of three passions of mine- my favorite band, my favorite cartoon characters, and my dream date. Again, thanks, Rissa. ;D

And I also have a quote from the Mountain Goats song "The Best Ever Death Metal Band in Denton" which has always stood out to me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

It's the hat of discipline! Do you live in a cave?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Because I had it laying around my desktop. Since it wasn't used on Toonzone, figured I'd use it here.

Daxdiv

My new sig is just a bunch of characters I like from gaming, and I felt like making it. We have Lucas, Little Mac, The Heavy, Touya, Chun-Li, and Amaterasu.

Avaitor

New blog!