R.I.P. Stan Lee

Started by Daikun, November 12, 2018, 12:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Rest in peace.

Undeniably one of the most influential people in all of comic books, not only for Marvel, but for the North American industry as a whole.

Mustang

Man, this one sucks a lot.

R.I.P. Stan "The Man" Lee.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Markness

R.I.P. and Excelsior, Stan Lee.

Avaitor

He hasn't been in great shape since losing Joan, but it's all the more sad to see him pass.

Something I've seen brought up is that Stan did his cameo for the next Avengers, but that seems to be it. I'm not sure if he's doing one for Captain Marvel, since Carol isn't really his character, and it doesn't sound like he got to do Far From Home, let alone anything after. So whatever happens in the next Avengers, it really will signal the end of an era.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He did a cameo for Venom even though he didn't create that character. Same for Deadpool. I'd be surprised if he didn't also do one for Captain Marvel. I'm not sure if he got to film the one for Far From Home before his passing.

Regardless, I expect each movie to pay tribute to him in some way.

Dr. Insomniac

At the very least, they'll do what the Netflix shows have done and tape posters of his face on background shots.

Avaitor

Deadpool put Stan in more as a joke, though. I'm not sure about Venom, but generally he primarily cameoed in movies for the characters he was responsible for, which is also why he wasn't in any of the Wolverine movies or the first Guardians (I think his cameo in the second was done as a combination of Ego being one of his characters, and overwhelming demand for more Stan in general).

Maybe I'm wrong about Captain Marvel, but let's see.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

He actually was in the first Guardians as a cameo. During the scene where Rocket and Groot are introduced, he's in the background and is specifically spotted by rocket when he zooms in on various people in the crowd with his telescopic lens.

He has had a cameo in every single MCU movie to date.

Dr. Insomniac