Favorite Comic Book Characters

Started by gunswordfist, July 08, 2011, 04:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Characters make or break comic books. My favorites:
Deathstroke The Terminator- He's basically a hero for hire with a code of honor that hates most superheroes.

Batman, Superman, Deadpool, The Joker, Two-Face, Magneto, Lono (100 Bullets), Wylie Times (100 Bullets), Carl (The Walking Dead), Glenn (The Walking Dead), Hush
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

Off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Corto Maltese
Rork
Mike S Blueberry
Ariane de Troil (Les 7 Vies de l'Epervier)
Scrooge McDuck
Prof. Philip Mortimer (Blake & Mortimer)
Olrik (Blake & Mortimer)

There are plenty of other characters worthy of recognition, but for now these are my favorites, they're all extraordinary characters whose exploits I never get tired of following.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

My favorite versions of comic book characters:

The Joker:
3. Batman The Brave & The Bold

2. Heath Ledger

3. DCUA

Two-Face:

2. Loeb (Hey, it's the best thing he's done since Commando)

1. Batman The Animated Series (my favorite DC anything villain)

Lex Luthor:

3. Smallville - Well at least from what I remember.

2. DCUA

1. Superman Birthright - This is my 2nd favorite Superman story for a reason. Luthor's time in Smallville is one of them. It makes you feel a bit sorry for him.

Thor:

3. Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes

2. Marvel Movie Universe

1. Thor The First Avenger comics

Peter Parker:

5. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

4. Joe Kelly/Fabian Nicieza Spidey - It's funny when he's paired with Deadpool comicsmedia. ign.com/comics/image/article/100/1004567/amazing-spider-man-20090716024835068-000.jpg

3. Ultimate Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man Blue/heh, Loeb did Spider-Man 2 and 3. I just realized that. Oh, the irony

1. Spider-Man Noir - Still need to read the classic tales but for now he's my favorite Spider-Man.

The Hulk:

3. Avengers EMH

2. World War Hulk

1. Planet Hulk - I love this guy.

Deadpool:

6. Hulk Vs. Wolverine - Still my favorite Marvel animated film. Deadpool is great comic relief in it.

5. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

4. Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions - I don't think I've ever laughed so hard during a boss battle.

3. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 - I believe he's the same in both..pretty funny.

2. Fabian Nicieza

1. Joe Kelly

Batman:

7. Christian Bale - I need to have a modern viewing of the first two Batman films. It's also why Nicholson didn't get listed.

6. Young Justice - Best character in the show, by far

5. Loeb (I'm not a big fan, I swear. I pretty much just named every great thing he's ever done)

4. The Dark Knight Returns

3. Paul Dini comics

2. The Brave & The Bold

1. DCUA

Hal Jordan:

5. Green Lantern Rebirth

4. Justice League New Frontier

3. JLA Year One

2. Green Lantern The Animated Series

1. Dennis O'Neil's Green Lantern/Green Arrow

Green Arrow:

4. Identity Crisis

3. JLU

2. Dennis O'Neil Green Lantern/Green Arrow

1. Mike Grell/Kevin Smith/Judd Winick
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Mustang

I don't know why I thought I've posted here in the past. I have a long list but I'm gonna try to keep it to 5.

01. Superman - Back in my younger days #1 would've always been either Batman or Wolverine, but I've been tuckered out on Bats a lot lately, and for the most part I'm always for the moody characters, especially if they're the main character, but when it comes to DC I like Superman more. Not to mention I just like overpowered characters (it's a plus when they don't showboat as well)

02. Iron Man - That other reason why I don't particularly care for Batman these days lol. Although I can probably chalk that up to Robert Downy Jr. He's gotten me way more interested in Iron Man than ever and I love his personality (if that's how he actually is in the comics).

03. Dr. Doom - Honestly, I have no recollection of him in anything outside of the Marvel vs Capcom games and he was beastly in them. I always imagined him being a villainous version of Iron Man for the most part but with magic.

04. Wolverine and Batman - Despite me saying that I don't care for them these days. These 2 characters are my childhood. I knew nothing about Black Panther back then. Hell, I only knew of his existence when I played VS Systems TCG and even that didn't give me anything about the guy. The reason I bring him up is because I've always wanted to mesh Wolvy and Bats together only to find out that that character is none other than Black Panther.

05. Darkseid - I just actually started getting more into him. The fact that this dude is always fighting with his hands behind his back. Boss. I may end up liking him more than Dr. Doom eventually.

Some honorable mentions

Gambit
Black Panther
Thor
Flash
Magneto
Rogue (Not that emo version. I like the Boss-b$$$$)
Jean Grey

Because of what's his name, Chris Evans I have a newfound respect for Captain America. I've never liked Cap back then
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol