31 Nights of Halloween (2016)

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 01, 2016, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm sorry that I didn't post on Halloween, but Sweeney Todd is my favorite Sondheim production, and this has got to be the best adaptation of his work to film. Obviously Helena Bonham Carter is no match for Angela Lansbury, but I actually do kind of like how she and Depp aren't great singers. It gives the film a claustrophobic vibe that adds to the experience, and makes each cut feel all the more real. Also, this is a good choice to make in tribute of Alan Rickman. And I should have done Hellraiser in tribute to Lemmy.

I really like this series, but it doesn't look like there's much sense of continuing it given how low the activity was this year. I think one of the biggest problems is that we didn't have time to watch the movies that are new to us, which looks like will become more of a reality as we get older. It's a shame, since we've gotten some great discussion out of these before.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/