Zaslav Ruins Everything

Started by Daikun, October 22, 2016, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

AT&T has announced a deal to acquire Time Warner for $86 billion.

Let's hope this doesn't become a disaster like what happened with AOL all those years ago.

2022 Update: AT&T sold WB to Discovery.

Peanutbutter

Well, if it at least results in Jeff Bewkes no longer running them then that's at least one positive. Though I'm not certain if even that's happening.

Him giving up Time Warner would at least lead to some good.

Daikun

The Toonami Faithful Podcast had an interview with CNN's Jose Argumedo explaining what would happen if the merger goes through. (Fast-forward to 58:53.)

https://soundcloud.com/toonamifaithfulpodcast/228-dragon-ball-z-the-new-52-or-we-finally-interviewed-jose

Daikun

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on October 22, 2016, 10:20:41 PMWell, if it at least results in Jeff Bewkes no longer running them then that's at least one positive. Though I'm not certain if even that's happening.

Looks like that's going to happen.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on August 05, 2017, 08:38:32 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on October 22, 2016, 10:20:41 PMWell, if it at least results in Jeff Bewkes no longer running them then that's at least one positive. Though I'm not certain if even that's happening.

Looks like that's going to happen.

Goody!

There's a chance whomever the new boss is could be as stupid and shortsighted as he was, but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic unless they start screwing up badly. Wonder how this affects channels like TNT and CNN?

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 06, 2017, 01:09:53 PMWonder how this affects channels like TNT and CNN?

No word on TNT, but they might sell CNN.

Also TMZ, but I don't see a problem. :awesome:

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on August 06, 2017, 03:09:15 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on August 06, 2017, 01:09:53 PMWonder how this affects channels like TNT and CNN?

No word on TNT, but they might sell CNN.

Also TMZ, but I don't see a problem. :awesome:

I am 100% fine with this development.

Daikun

The purchase has been approved.

EDIT: Also, they won't be selling CNN, TMZ, or anything. They keep the whole company.

Peanutbutter

Then it's actually a buyout not a merger, right?

Daikun

Daikun

Turner will remain unchanged.

QuoteTurner will be managed as a "separate business unit," and AT&T will have no role in setting Turner's prices with distributors, the letter said. The number of Turner employees, pay levels and benefits "will remain largely unchanged," it said.

No word yet on Time Warner's other divisions.

Peanutbutter

If that means Cartoon Network won't suffer from any changes like what happened when they merged with AOL a decade ago, then fine with me.

Daikun