Rocko's Modern Life

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Watching it again, it does feel more like an episode of the show rather than a movie, which really isn't that much of a bad thing. The Rachel subplot didn't bug me, since frogs are known for changing genders in the wild, she seems happy with her new self & she wasn't even the butt of the joke . I will admit that I agree that certain jokes are very dated, though they were mostly in the opening part, which didn't hamper my enjoyment of the rest of it.

Really, the only complaints I have is how it's called a Netflix original when these dumbasses only came in on the 11th hour to save this & the Invader ZIM special since Nick had cold feet airing these 2 after The Jungle Movie didn't perform as well they expected. I don't know what they were expecting from a 20 year old property with their current line up. It's not the LGBT themes are taboo on Nick considering how The Loud House has delved into more.

Dr. Insomniac

Nickelodeon's so indecisive regarding these reboots. They throw the money required to make these specials, but can't bother to actually market the products or even air them on their own network. You can't even say it's concerns over ratings because Nick's perfectly content airing reruns of movies nobody cares about anymore on primetime. Look at the schedule right now, and they've got Napoleon Dynamite airing in an hour. When was the last time anyone cared about Napoleon Dynamite?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I thought it was a pretty fun special for what it was. I always liked Rocko but it was never something that I held in such high regard that I would have expected any more from this trip down memory lane. It was fun for what it was, and I enjoyed it more for how they successfully recreated the animation-style and rapid-fire gags of the classic run more so than any sort of social commentary that they went for.

Avaitor

Oh damn, I forgot to talk about this, but I did enjoy it, although I didn't think it was perfect either. It especially felt a little rushed at the end, and could have benefitted from being a full hour. Which is funny, I didn't expect to think that Rocko should go for length, but it could have used the breathing room. I'm generally in favor of the satirical bits though, which felt true to show, although part of me wishes that we were getting a season of the show to further expand on these.

I'm also in support Rachel's transition. And yes, Heffer also had a sibling with gender dysphoria, but Ed is a much more dynamic character to focus on change with than Mr. Wolfe. I thought this story was very well done.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/