SpongeBob SquarePants

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, December 27, 2010, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 07, 2019, 10:55:17 PM
I also don't mind a revival special here and there, but making a new Rugrats show and a live-action movie with the babies as CG characters are the kind of misguided projects I'm wouldn't want to see more of...
Especially when oversaturating the market with Rugrats spinoffs and movies was what killed the franchise in the first place. How would doing it again be better this time?

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 07, 2019, 11:01:03 PM
Quote from: LumRanmaYasha on June 07, 2019, 10:55:17 PM
I also don't mind a revival special here and there, but making a new Rugrats show and a live-action movie with the babies as CG characters are the kind of misguided projects I'm wouldn't want to see more of...
Especially when oversaturating the market with Rugrats spinoffs and movies was what killed the franchise in the first place. How would doing it again be better this time?
Paul Germaine is back, so that could be cool.

But it also sounds like he wants to overcorrect things, by going back to the original run and writing out Dil and Kimmy. I doubt Nick would approve of that, and while I'm not the biggest fan of either character, I don't even know if that's the right way to go.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Painted Outlaw

Wouldn't writing out Kimmy though write out Chuckie's new mom as well? I suppose you could say she was a mom with no kids in this new recreation but still... that's kinda messed up to consider fiddling with that.

Dr. Insomniac

And if Germain's only keeping the part of the show he worked on, that means erasing everything from season 4 onward, including episodes like Mother's Day.

Daikun

So, Nicktoons was planning to air every episode of the show in a giant marathon to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

Then they just abruptly cancelled the marathon this morning. Oops.

Dr. Insomniac

I haven't watched either, but this and the Nick Rewind downsizing are pretty abrupt changes. And ones I don't understand. Who gives enough of a shit about Made or Parental Control to see repeats of those shows? Along with AwesomenessTV shows people can find on Youtube instead? Nick's rarely known what to do with their spinoff networks. They were almost always dumping grounds for old shows with an occasional original series sprinkled in to give the illusion that kids weren't just watching nothing but reruns, but they can't even do that anymore.

Dr. Insomniac