Ghost Stories (the Dub, AND ONLY THE DUB)

Started by ElricJC, March 04, 2017, 10:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElricJC

Undoubtedly most, if not all, of you are familiar with the atrocious series Ghost Stories and the brilliantly insane dub/Official abridged series treatment it got, but normally it was only available on YouTube.

But I just got a Crunchyroll account, retiring my underused Hulu account, and low and behold I find that they have the full Dub, along with the sub if you feel like comparing them/tormenting yourself with its shittiness. Just thought I'd offer a heads up, and if by chance you have never seen it, you should embrace the insanely offensive glory of the Ghost Stories Dub  :e_hail:

Foggle

Nice! I've only ever gotten to see maybe two episodes of the Ghost Stories dub, so it looks like I'll finally be able to check it all out now. :el_hail:

Daikun

Ghost Stories is one of those rare anime where the show is so bad that the dub actually makes it watchable.

Also see: Duel Masters (the first season, anyway).

Anyway, Discotek Media rescued Ghost Stories from ADV Films after they closed down, so if you want the series on DVD, it's on the market again.

ElricJC

Quote from: Daikun on March 04, 2017, 05:36:45 PM
Ghost Stories is one of those rare anime where the show is so bad that the dub actually makes it watchable.

Also see: Duel Masters (the first season, anyway).

Anyway, Discotek Media rescued Ghost Stories from ADV Films after they closed down, so if you want the series on DVD, it's on the market again.

Oh sweet, I did not know that. Looks like a purchase for me in the near future. Also I would go one step further and say that it's not just that the show was so bad that the dub made it watchable, but the dub made it a fundamentally different show altogether. I mean, all they were required to do was keep the names of the characters and the ghosts the same, and keep the whole banishing sequences the same, but everything else (right down to their ridiculous banishing ceremonies) was entirely ad libbed, littered with enough offensive jokes to make Trey Parker and Matt Stone blush.

"Kotame, Kotame, kick the bucket. Kotame, Kotame, you can suck it!" Oh Ghost Stories, you so silly  ;D

Peanutbutter

Watched the first episodes. Haven't seen more, but only because I forgot about it while doing other stuff and watching other shows. I plan on getting back into it. This show is concrete proof that Subs are NOT always better than Dubs.