Deadpool: The Animated Series!

Started by Foggle, May 10, 2017, 12:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Donald Glover AKA Childish Gambino (of Atlanta and Community) is writing/producing/composing for an adult-oriented Deadpool cartoon beginning in early 2018! The first season will be 10 episodes and I'm so fucking hyped. I just hope they get either Ryan Reynolds or Nolan North to voice Deadpool... I hated his VA in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Dreamer2

I could never hate Will Friedle's voice. I really don't remember how he sounded as Deadpool. It'd be pretty cool if it was Reynolds, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was somebody completely different.

But, I'm happy about this. Anything animated Marvel or DC on TV is good news. I like Guardians of the Galaxy enough and am hopeful the new Spider-Man show is at least decent.

Also happy its aiming for adults. It'd be really cool if DC could get an animated series aimed four adults on TV as well. But, with that new streaming thing, that seems very unlikely.

gunswordfist

wut?!?!?!? My favorite supe is finally getting a series! :worship: I will never get sick of superheroes. I hope it's either like Gail or Kelly's run. Nolan's my pick since I really liked him in Hulk Vs.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Dreamer2 on May 10, 2017, 07:55:48 PM
I could never hate Will Friedle's voice. I really don't remember how he sounded as Deadpool.
He sounded high-pitched and whiny in the role, very close to the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance interpretation of the character which I'm not a fan of. That said, judging by Friedle's past roles, I think he could definitely pull off a good Deadpool, and my problem with his performance probably stems more from the voice direction and writing than it does from him.

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 10, 2017, 09:56:43 PMwut?!?!?!? My favorite supe is finally getting a series! :worship: I will never get sick of superheroes. I hope it's either like Gail or Kelly's run. Nolan's my pick since I really liked him in Hulk Vs.
Yeah, I liked Ryan a lot in the movie, but Nolan will always be the definitive Deadpool to me. His performance in the game was so good that it actually made Daniel Way's writing hilarious.

Donald Glover is very funny and, considering that he left Community due to what appears to be some form of impostor syndrome, I think he'll do a great job writing Deadpool as a nuanced and deep character like Kelly & Duggan. Gail Simone has written for TV before so I'd love to see her do an episode or two; her DP run was far too short and I know she would probably have had way more in store for him if Marvel hadn't unceremoniously canceled that book.

Rynnec

Daxdiv

Peanutbutter

Foggle

Nooooo I missed it! I was really hyped for this series, I hope Netflix picks it up or something.

Peanutbutter

I have a feeling an animated series is inevitable, but to be honest I'm kind of glad its been shelved for now. The first movie was already great by itself, and I have nothing but good feelings about Deadpool 2. I just don't want Deadpool to over-saturated right now while we're still in the middle of the MCU and DC's constant flailing attempts to catch up.

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 04, 2018, 12:38:49 PM
I have a feeling an animated series is inevitable, but to be honest I'm kind of glad its been shelved for now. The first movie was already great by itself, and I have nothing but good feelings about Deadpool 2. I just don't want Deadpool to over-saturated right now while we're still in the middle of the MCU and DC's constant flailing attempts to catch up.
It's true that they need to be very careful with Deadpool over-saturation. That already happened once about a decade ago and is responsible for a lot of "serious comic fans" hating the character these days.

VLordGTZ

I just watched a re-upload of the footage.  It's damn shame this will never be made.  :'(

Daikun

Quote from: Foggle on May 04, 2018, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on May 04, 2018, 12:38:49 PMI have a feeling an animated series is inevitable, but to be honest I'm kind of glad its been shelved for now. The first movie was already great by itself, and I have nothing but good feelings about Deadpool 2. I just don't want Deadpool to over-saturated right now while we're still in the middle of the MCU and DC's constant flailing attempts to catch up.
It's true that they need to be very careful with Deadpool over-saturation. That already happened once about a decade ago and is responsible for a lot of "serious comic fans" hating the character these days.

There likely won't be a Deadpool 3, anyway.

I'm fine with this. Two good movies would be the perfect high note.
Although I think at least one season would've been nice for an animated series, since we're probably getting nothing else after this.

Foggle

I feel like Reynolds is just giving his opinion about how to write a successful Deadpool story there. I would be genuinely shocked if there wasn't a Deadpool 3. They have tons of comic material in Kelly's, Simone's, and Duggan's runs to work with if they want to follow the path he's talking about.

gunswordfist

I am still waiting to see T-Ray. I wonder if they'll ever show Deadpool at his scariest.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody