Judge Dredd: Mega-City One

Started by Rynnec, May 12, 2017, 11:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One TV show announced

QuoteJudge Dredd is coming to TV screens! Producer Brian Jenkins and Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley discuss what fans can expect from Judge Dredd: Mega-City One!

The series is now in development, thanks to a deal struck between leading independent entertainment studio IM Global and independent UK games developer and publisher Rebellion.

The deal will see development begin on a high-end TV series based on the globally-famous character from the pages of legendary British comic book 2000 AD, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year.

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One is set in a future where east coast America has become a crowded and crime-ridden megalopolis. It will be an ensemble drama about a team of Judges – futuristic cops invested with the power to be judge, jury, and executioner – as they deal with the challenges the future-shocked 22nd Century throws at them.

Attached as Executive Producers are President of IM Global Television, Mark Stern, who developed critically-acclaimed series Battlestar Galactica, Helix, and Defiance at Syfy, IM Global Television CEO Stuart Ford, and the owners of Rebellion, Jason and Chris Kingsley, who along with Ford, were also executive producers on the 2012 DREDD feature film adaptation from DNA Films, Reliance Entertainment and IM Global.

Early development has begun on the show, and talent will be announced at a later date.

Though no cast has been announced yet, this tweet by the official 2000AD Twitter account should make fans of Dredd pretty excited. ;)

This may not be a sequel to Dredd, but it's arguably even better than anyone could've hoped.

Spark Of Spirit

If Karl Urban is involved then I'm interested.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 13, 2017, 01:21:44 AM
If Karl Urban is involved then I'm interested.
Yep. And I'm hoping for Netflix or something similarly less censored. More importantly, I hope they do Cursed Earth first and it's not going to actually focus on a bunch of Judges. I only care aboutt Dredd and Anderson and Anderson is not in Cursed Earth.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

If Karl Urban is reprising his role from the movie then I'm interested. If not then I'm only slightly interested until I see enough to convince me that this will be a good show.

Spark Of Spirit

Rumors coming out.

Looks like it might star Karl Urban and will be on something like Netflix or Hulu. They're also looking into comic storylines for inspiration.

They're hitting all the right marks here. I hope it happens.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Perfect. Blade Netflix and I'll ask for nothing else comic book wise from them.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody