Anime Recommendations

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, February 13, 2011, 02:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Recently watched and enjoyed Skip Beat. Great main character, really funny parts and also surprisingly decent drama. For a show that's about acting, they made it really compelling to watch. Bad thing is the ending is just before the end of one of the manga arcs it was on. I have no idea why it didn't get a second season when the manga was popular enough to still be running today.  :??:

Avaitor

Quote from: TheDisneyPlayhouse on January 12, 2022, 01:30:01 AM
I'm interested in watching more of the Anime that Aired on Adult Swim back before the Toonami revival. I've watched Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho (Which Adult Swim aired for about a year before it moved to Toonami), Inuyasha, Trigun, FLCL, Death Note, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and both of the Fullmetal Alchemist shows, but I haven't seen anything else in their entirety

I'm thinking of watching The Big O next. Is that worth watching? I've seen a few Episodes of it, but not the entirety of it. I know I started watching Samurai Champloo and I plan to finish it. I also have thought of watching Lupin the 3rd Part 2, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Bleach as well

Do you have any Adult Swim Anime recommendations for me?
Big O is worth watching, although season 2 isn't quite as good as the first. But it's worth watching the whole way through.

If you're just sticking to that era of ASA, have you seen Wolf's Reign or Gundam 0080 yet? I really like the latter and think that it's a perfect intro to the Gundam universe, and I don't like the former as much but it's worth a watch regardless.

It seems like you've hit most of my favorites from that period. But if you want to check out series from either era of Toonami, let us know!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/