Upcoming Anime

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, Megalo Box looks like cyberpunk meets Ashita no Joe. Here's hoping it lives up to it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Animation looks excellent. That woman that heavily resembles Yoko is probably her descendant. That white-haired guy's face resembles Rikiishi, but they probably aren't related, just he looks similar to draw parallels between the rivalry between Joe and Rikishii with these new characters.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So basically it's Ashita no Joe re-imagined as a futuristic Sci-fi? Not exactly a combination that I would've thought of, but hey, I'm down for that.

gunswordfist

I need to catch up on Lupin....still on Part II.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

So I was wondering why CR and Funi hadn't picked up The Disastrous Life of Saiki K Season 2, and it turns out that it's because Netflix has it.

I doubt anyone is going to fansub it due to the sheer amount of dialogue, so I guess I won't be watching it until Netflix releases it in the US in (hopefully) 3-6 months. 

EDIT: Actually, it seems that Netflix only has priority streaming for it like they do for Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 rather than full exclusivity.  Not sure what that means for rights outside Japan.

Spark Of Spirit

Not a fan of companies doing that to shows between seasons. They can do whatever they want when it's new, but I hate this kind of thing when it splits seasons up between distributors.

Hopefully its only delayed for the rest of the world and not locked to Netflix.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on March 09, 2018, 01:06:32 AM
Karakuri Circus is getting an anime!  :shakeshakeshake:
YES! MAPPA and Nishimura, please!

I wonder how it's going to be done. It's 10 volumes longer than Ushio & Tora, and U&T skipped a lot of standalones and one arc to fit into 39 episodes. It's going to need to be at least 4 cour to fit 43 volumes into one series. I hope they can do it.

But I can't say I'm not excited. This was one of my most wanted anime adaptions. Now can we get Psyren and Vinland Saga?

gunswordfist

I am HERE for MAPPA and Fujita!

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

I thought Madhouse was dead!

Spark Of Spirit

2018 is looking good for anime. This season can't end fast enough.

VLordGTZ

Hinomaru Sumo's anime is coming Fall 2018 and is being produced by Gonzo.

The staff is as follows:
QuoteGeneral Director: Konosuke Uda
Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto
Character Designer: Kii Tanaka

I'm not gonna lie, my hype for this anime is kinda dead now.  Gonzo hasn't produced a good anime in nearly a decade, and even at their peak, they lacked animation consistency.  I hope to be proven wrong, but I've been let down too many times like this before...

In better news, Muhyo & Roji is getting an anime in Summer 2018!
Now, this is something I was definitely not expecting, and it's a great tie-in for the new sequel manga!  I hope it turns out well.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

:imnothappy:

So much for this series getting the proper adaptation that it deserves. It could have really taken off as a new sports-genre hit among anime watchers, but instead it may just suffer a similar fate to something like World Trigger.

Spark Of Spirit

I looked up the staff and saw what they've done.

The general director has directed DAYS, Galaxy Express 999: Eternal Fantasy, The first 278 episodes of One Piece, and a lot of Sailor Moon episodes. He has some experience in the genre. The director has done random episodes all over the place but never a full series.

If there's something to worry about I would be more worried about the actual animation quality. Gonzo animation has never been particularly consistent.

Muhyo & Roji is cool news. It's only 18 volumes long, too, so they could cover the whole manga. I still really want to see something like Psyren or Mx0 get a shot.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 15, 2018, 10:09:34 AM
:imnothappy:

So much for this series getting the proper adaptation that it deserves. It could have really taken off as a new sports-genre hit among anime watchers, but instead it may just suffer a similar fate to something like World Trigger.
World Trigger actually improved in sales after the anime ended. So Toei actually did end up helping it in the end!