Author Topic: Upcoming Anime  (Read 1700 times)

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
Re: Upcoming Anime
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2017, 11:58:05 PM »
I wonder if this means Hoshin Engi will be able to cover the whole story. Should be interesting.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2017, 12:53:34 AM »
23 episodes to cover 23 volumes? That Hoshin Engi anime is going to be seriously rushed. Can't imagine how they'll pull it off.

This new Dragon Ball film is interesting. The fact they're announcing it a year in advance and giving it a December release date means that they're planning for it to be a big event movie, so we can imagine that they'll put some big talent on the project. Toriyama is writing it and providing original character designs, and considering the movie is going to be focused on the origin of the Saiyans, I'm expecting we'll get an exploration of S-Cells and the original Super Saiyan God Yamoshi. I'm expecting we'll see the Universe 6 Saiyans feature prominently in the film, perhaps finally seeing the Universe 6 Saiyan homeworld as well. Definitely a lot to look forward to about this film.

So it looks like the current season of Food Wars will be wrapping up in two weeks, but it'll be back before too long. I figured as much based on the opening and pacing of events. I wonder how much that Spring season will cover. It could either be one cour and cover up to the rematch with Hayama, or it could be two cour and cover the current battle with the Elite 10 which could potentially conclude in the manga well before then. Very curious to see which it is.

Overall 2018 is shaping up to be a great year for Shonen Jump anime adaptations with something to look forward in every season. Really exciting stuff all around.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2017, 01:40:00 AM »
I'm honestly very nervous about this new DB film being so heavily focused on Saiyans. You all know that I have mad respect for our boy Toriyama, but I still don't quite trust him with characterizing Saiyans after Dragon Ball Minus....

It's cool to see some other popular Jump series get more seasons announced for them. I'm still most eagerly anticipating anime announcements for The Promised Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba, though.

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »
So we got a new Mazinger Z, Dragon Ball, and MHA film this year.

Not bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

• A guy with too much time on his hands
  • The Elephant's Peanut
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
Hinomaru Sumo is getting an anime!  :shakeshakeshake:

Hopefully, it will go to a good studio, but damn is this long overdue. 

LumRanmaYasha

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • ACROSS Star 1
  • Love is a Boomerang
    • My Art Blog!
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2017, 10:01:02 PM »
YES! I was reading HS ever since the first chapter was scanlated (in fact, you can read my live thoughts on the first chapter if you dig back far enough into the Currently Running Manga thread), and while I've fallen behind on it this is a series that definitely deserves more exposure and appreciation. An anime could be a great signal boost for it and, who knows, could potentially help facilitate the manga getting licensed if there's enough buzz around it. I really, really hope whatever studio's working on this does as fantastic job as Production I.G. does on Haikyuu to get more people into this excellent series.

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2017, 04:28:39 PM »
I read a bunch of this and it is highly deserving of an anime. It's been running as long as MHA, too. It literally started the issue before. Because there's so much material I hope they adapt up to the very obvious end point that is set up. It deserves a solid 3 cour season run.

Here's hoping it's a good studio. All we need is Promised Neverland and KnY and all the best recent SJ series will be getting an anime. This is great news.

Man, there's a lot of good stuff coming next year. 2017 wasn't all too great compared to the last two years, but this upcoming year is looking solid.

Daikun

• American Dragon
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »
Check out Crunchyroll's trailer for all the anime sequels coming next year.

gunswordfist

• Elite Beat Agents
  • Slave To The System
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2017, 08:07:56 PM »
I hope One Punch Man season 2 is actually good.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

• Forward & Up!
  • Da Mod Squad
  • Head Of City Security
  • Keep Moving
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »
New Tiger & Bunny anime coming.

Took long enough. Now lets wrap up those loose ends.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

• The Epic Trinity
  • Sacrificial Lamb
  • "And all that'll be left is pure, white ash..."
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »
Talk about an overdue sequel. I've been waiting for a resolution to the Lunatic plot-line for years now.

VLordGTZ

• The Elephant's Peanut
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2018, 06:45:12 PM »
Lupin the Third Part 5 is premiering in April!

Key Visual:
Spoiler

The spring season just keeps looking better and better.

Painted Outlaw

• Death Metal Vocalist
    • Precure Weekly
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2018, 11:00:35 PM »
Unfortunately, it's being written by Geass/Valvrave's Ichiro Okouchi so all that goodwill is doomed to be burnt away.

VLordGTZ

• The Elephant's Peanut
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2018, 12:23:09 AM »
Okouchi's writing for Kabaneri and Princess Principal was pretty decent, and while its basic plot is based off the manga, he was also the writer for Devilman Crybaby.  I don't think Part 5 is automatically doomed just because he's involved.