Upcoming Anime

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2017, 03:24:10 PM
New Captain Tylor shorts are coming.

Unfortunately, the art style is quite awful, and none of the characters in the original are set to appear.

I just finished the Tylor OVAs today, and now I'm kind of frustrated that this appears to be some cheap reboot rather than a sequel.  I guess we'll never get closure to that (somewhat) cliffhanger ending.  :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on June 23, 2017, 10:18:43 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2017, 03:24:10 PM
New Captain Tylor shorts are coming.

Unfortunately, the art style is quite awful, and none of the characters in the original are set to appear.

I just finished the Tylor OVAs today, and now I'm kind of frustrated that this appears to be some cheap reboot rather than a sequel.  I guess we'll never get closure to that (somewhat) cliffhanger ending.  :imnothappy:
Unless they bring over the novels, I don't see it happening.

Which is unfortunate, as it was quite a unique and funny series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Blood Blockade Battlefront season 2 preview.

Funky music and some great style. I hope more people around here catch this series. It's quite great.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Glad the series is still chugging on!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

VLordGTZ

I was expecting them to announce it sooner or later since the upcoming Dragon Cry film was meant to hype people up for the final arc.  Good for FT fans, I guess.

In other news, Black Clover's anime got a new trailer.

From what little footage they show, it actually looks pretty good, though I'm staying skeptical until we see the final product.  Pierrot has messed up adaptions far too many times in recent years for me to give them any confidence.

VLordGTZ

LumRanmaYasha

I know some people who'll be happy about this! ;D Hopefully they'll be done by good studios.

Spark Of Spirit

Another old series getting a new anime. Good to see.

Oh, and good for Golden Kamuy, too.

Spark Of Spirit

Dreamer2

Who's ready for an anime party on Netflix in 2018! :awesome:

Seriously, they announced a lot of stuff besides the stuff already mentioned here like B: The Beginning (although this one was announced a while back as Perfect Bones), Cannon Busters, Sword Gai and Lost Song. I know people get upset at Netflix when it comes to anime, but I think it's good that they got a bunch of stuff coming. And as far as I can tell most of it doesn't fall into the same category as LWA or the new Fate show where they're making people wait. So, people really shouldn't complain about some of these.

Although honestly it doesn't bother me how Netflix handles anime, I don't have a problem waiting for stuff.

VLordGTZ

Yeah, considering that no TV networks were mentioned when referencing these series, it's safe to assume that they are all going to be Netflix exclusives.  Netflix shifting towards producing anime rather than simply licensing it is a lot better for them and fans imo.  The biggest complain about Netflix is that they don't do simulcasts, but if they're in sole control of release, then they can stick to doing full-season releases like they prefer to do.  I'm very happy to see them move in this direction, and hopefully it will be successful.

gunswordfist

Netflix is getting Cannon Busters?! Sweet! Another excuse to resubscribe.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody