Upcoming Anime

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

The way things are going, we may remember this as the day Toonami died.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 03, 2017, 09:43:58 PM
Unbelievable! http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/08/01-1/progress-mentioned-on-new-mob-psycho-100-anime?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news
They seem pretty vague on whether they've actually greenlit a second season, but this is definitely a hopeful sign!

In other news, Dagashi Kashi is getting a second season in 2018!

I really enjoyed the first season, so I'm glad to see it return.  It also looks like the new season will be done by Tezuka Productions, which sounds like an upgrade from Studio Feel.

Rynnec

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Rynnec on August 05, 2017, 06:39:22 PM
Quote from: VLordGTZ on August 02, 2017, 03:28:29 PM
Netflix's Anime Slate 2017 event also announced:

Devilman Crybaby will premiere Spring 2018 and will be 10 episodes (plus a new trailer)

Netflix is producing a CG anime remake of Saint Seiya.

They'll premiere the upcoming New Grappler Baki anime, which is being done by TMS and is 26 eps.

Oh boy! I can't wait to wait for half a year for all these shows to finish airing before I can watch them officially!  :>
These are all Netlfix funded productions so they likely won't be airing on Japanese television.  It seems that they plan to release all these series simultaneously worldwide.

VLordGTZ

The new Baki anime will air on TV in Japan in Summer 2018, and Netflix will release it internationally in Fall 2018.

I guess people were jumping the gun in thinking that it was a Netflix exclusive, which explains the more vague wording of Netflix's announcement when compared to Devilman Crybaby and CG Saint Seiya.  In any case, I'm still excited to watch it regardless.  I've started reading through the manga from beginning and it's been awesome so far!

gunswordfist

Long wait but whatever. There was a time where I thought there would be no new Baki!!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond promo looks so good.

I can't wait. Bones has been knocking it out of the park this year.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Dat animation :swoon: MHA has been excellent this year, so I can't wait to see what Bones brings to the table with BB&B. Hopefully the story will be as strong as the first season's as well, though it'll still be a great time if they go the episodic route and just adapt the manga.

Spark Of Spirit

It looks like it's going to be a straight adaption of the manga from what the change in writer and director seem to indicate. That's good enough for me since they could always loosely tie them together without an anime original story-line in other ways. Also with this season they should be able to adapt the rest of the original series in a neat little bow.

Still, I'm glad that when MHA ends I'll be able to go right into this. Season 1 was great and I'm really eager for more.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Based on my glances at the final volume of BBB, it should be a pretty solid endpoint for the season if they aren't doing any anime-original material this time.  After that promo, I'm as pumped as ever for the anime's return!  The fall season is looking great between this, Kino's Journey, and a bunch of other stuff.

Spark Of Spirit

Season 1 adapted the first 5 volumes AND had the anime original story-line. I think it only skipped one chapter that could be reshuffled. And the OVA was from volume 8.

There are also a bunch of two parter episodes in the later volumes, which should make for interesting watching. I'm assuming one or two will be trimmed down in order to adapt more stories, but from the preview it looks like there's a lot of great stuff coming.

Now if only Dark Horse could hurry up and finish off the manga of the original series.

Spark Of Spirit

LumRanmaYasha

Love how they used the original theme.

Between this and Devilman Crybaby, next year is looking like a good time for Go Nagai fans.

Spark Of Spirit

Definitely. I just hope we get the original Mazinger Z manga released here eventually. It's such a good read.

Also, Funimation has Black Clover and will be Simuldubbing it. The sub will still be on Crunchyroll.