Upcoming Anime

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

One Punch Man Season 2 is pretty much dead to me so all I have to look forward to is Cannon Busters, Baki, New Dragon Ball Super, My Hero Academia Season 3 and Children of Ether.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Looks like they're making a Tokyo Ghoul:re anime due for next year.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 05, 2017, 09:26:21 AM
Looks like they're making a Tokyo Ghoul:re anime due for next year.

Based on the info on the website, it seems that Pierrot is trying to re-work Re as a sequel to Root A.  With how badly both the original anime and Root A were received by fans, they really should have just pulled a "BE: Kyoto Saga" and adapted the rest as if the alterations to the source never happened.  The TG manga is by no means perfect, but Pierrot shafted all the psychological elements and character development in favor of mindless gore and drama.  I'm not expecting this adaption to be any better than the previous ones.

Spark Of Spirit

BONES lays out what they're working on.

Studio A is working on the A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- series for Netflix. It will be 12 episodes long.

Studio B is working on Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond, and were responsible for Mob Psycho 100. It looks like volume 15 of the MP100 manga will have an announcement-- also the manga appears to be nearing the end. So we probably know their next project.

Studio C is in charge of My Hero Academia, and is currently working on season 3.

Studio D did Bungo Stray Dogs and is currently working on the movie.

Studio E is working on the Eureka Seven film trilogy.

Interesting to have a breakdown like that. But now we know just how BONES is laid out. They seem to have it together better than most studios do.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Is Bungo Stray Dogs available in America yet?

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 12, 2017, 05:02:37 PM
Is Bungo Stray Dogs available in America yet?

Both seasons of the TV anime are on Crunchyroll.  I heard mixed things about the early episodes, but apparently it got better as it went on.

Spark Of Spirit

New TV series inspired by Ashita no Joe is coming in Spring 2018.

Instead of a new adaption of the manga, the anime will be an original story that uses the manga as an inspiration. Interesting take.

And I'll continue to hope that this might lead to a release of the manga over here.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That sounds like a really cool idea. Rather than outright remake a classic, trying to retain its themes while updating the story to something new for modern times could be a great way to get AnJ to be known to more people. If this is good, it could inspire more people to either check out the original manga or classic anime.

Avaitor

The crew behind it sounds solid, too. This is a really cool way to expose the series to a new audience, and hopefully it will make US distributors interested in picking up the manga and/or either series.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

Initially, I was a bit disappointed that the AnJ project wasn't a remake, but I think this can be a really cool idea if done right.  I'll be looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Dr. Insomniac

I have second thoughts about this project, considering the director hasn't helmed his own series before, and one of the writers was responsible for those stupid Fist of the North Star movies that tried to paint Raoh as the hero of the story. I like the composer though.

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

Damn, thought that was a Twitter joke. Besides Baki, anything that I should be looking out for? I will never trust modern Toei to start out a new series on a good foot so I'm going to ignore Saint Seiya.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 17, 2017, 05:07:20 PM
Damn, thought that was a Twitter joke. Besides Baki, anything that I should be looking out for? I will never trust modern Toei to start out a new series on a good foot so I'm going to ignore Saint Seiya.

Devilman Crybaby looks like it's going to be good.  It's adapting the original manga and is directed by Masaki Yuasa.  Netflix producing more anime is fine with me, tbh.  I have problems with their lack of simulcasts for their TV anime licenses, but they treat their shows fairly well.

VLordGTZ

Banana Fish is getting a TV anime by MAPPA!

It's nice to see MAPPA working on more classic manga adaptions.