gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 22, 2017, 06:38:48 PM
Quote from: VLordGTZ on October 22, 2017, 03:54:47 PM
Banana Fish is getting a TV anime by MAPPA!

It's nice to see MAPPA working on good anime again.
Fixed.
I'm surprised you're not watching Vanishing Line. It seems like your type of thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 22, 2017, 09:02:09 PM

Fixed.
I'm surprised you're not watching Vanishing Line. It seems like your type of thing.
I have no clue what that is. Good night!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 22, 2017, 11:55:30 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 22, 2017, 09:02:09 PM

Fixed.
I have no clue what that is. Good night!

It's the new Garo series. It's stylistically reminiscent of 80's urban action anime and the likes of Guyver. It's awesome and it's on Crunchyroll.

gunswordfist

Not that familiar with Garo either but that sounds awesome!

Spark Of Spirit

Viz licensed the new Mazinger Z film.

Now if only someone would license the original manga already. It feels like everything Go Nagai has been licensed except that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Captain Tsubasa is getting an anime remake by David Productions!

The preview looks solid, and while this probably means we won't be getting more JoJo for a while, I'm definitely hyped for this!  Also between this, Hoshin Engi's new anime in Winter, and Netflix's Saint Seiya anime, we have three adaptions of classic Jump titles in 2018!  I wonder if we might get a few more considering that it's Jump's 50th anniversary next year....

Spark Of Spirit

Sweet! This was a great idea!

As for 2018, I'm betting we'll see a few more classic series get brand new anime from different studios. There are a few great ones I can imagine.

Slam Dunk by Production IG
Space Adventure Cobra by Trigger
Rokudenashi Blues by MAPPA
Ginga by White Fox
Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho by Madhouse
Circuit no Okami by TMS Entertainment
Kimagure Orange Road by Shaft (or some such studio)
Sexy Commando by Studio DEEN

I'm not betting on all of these, obviously. Some big older series have a chance at making a real splash. But I can imagine some newer series (Promised Neverland, Kimetsu no Yaiba) getting new series at the same time. 2018 is gonna be big for Jump.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 12, 2017, 11:59:36 PM
Slam Dunk by Production IG
Space Adventure Cobra by Trigger
Rokudenashi Blues by MAPPA
Ginga by White Fox
Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daisho by Madhouse
Circuit no Okami by TMS Entertainment
Kimagure Orange Road by Shaft (or some such studio)
Sexy Commando by Studio DEEN

It's wrote noting that the Shibuya Production's Cobra: Return of Joe Gillian animated series still appears on track for 2018 based on recent interviews, so that's a possible 4th adaption right there.  In any case, it'll be interesting to see if we get any classic anime adaption announcements at Jump Festa this week.

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder if this means Hoshin Engi will be able to cover the whole story. Should be interesting.

LumRanmaYasha

23 episodes to cover 23 volumes? That Hoshin Engi anime is going to be seriously rushed. Can't imagine how they'll pull it off.

This new Dragon Ball film is interesting. The fact they're announcing it a year in advance and giving it a December release date means that they're planning for it to be a big event movie, so we can imagine that they'll put some big talent on the project. Toriyama is writing it and providing original character designs, and considering the movie is going to be focused on the origin of the Saiyans, I'm expecting we'll get an exploration of S-Cells and the original Super Saiyan God Yamoshi. I'm expecting we'll see the Universe 6 Saiyans feature prominently in the film, perhaps finally seeing the Universe 6 Saiyan homeworld as well. Definitely a lot to look forward to about this film.

So it looks like the current season of Food Wars will be wrapping up in two weeks, but it'll be back before too long. I figured as much based on the opening and pacing of events. I wonder how much that Spring season will cover. It could either be one cour and cover up to the rematch with Hayama, or it could be two cour and cover the current battle with the Elite 10 which could potentially conclude in the manga well before then. Very curious to see which it is.

Overall 2018 is shaping up to be a great year for Shonen Jump anime adaptations with something to look forward in every season. Really exciting stuff all around.