Upcoming Anime

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 30, 2017, 06:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm honestly very nervous about this new DB film being so heavily focused on Saiyans. You all know that I have mad respect for our boy Toriyama, but I still don't quite trust him with characterizing Saiyans after Dragon Ball Minus....

It's cool to see some other popular Jump series get more seasons announced for them. I'm still most eagerly anticipating anime announcements for The Promised Neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba, though.

Spark Of Spirit

So we got a new Mazinger Z, Dragon Ball, and MHA film this year.

Not bad.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Hinomaru Sumo is getting an anime!  :shakeshakeshake:

Hopefully, it will go to a good studio, but damn is this long overdue. 

LumRanmaYasha

YES! I was reading HS ever since the first chapter was scanlated (in fact, you can read my live thoughts on the first chapter if you dig back far enough into the Currently Running Manga thread), and while I've fallen behind on it this is a series that definitely deserves more exposure and appreciation. An anime could be a great signal boost for it and, who knows, could potentially help facilitate the manga getting licensed if there's enough buzz around it. I really, really hope whatever studio's working on this does as fantastic job as Production I.G. does on Haikyuu to get more people into this excellent series.

Spark Of Spirit

I read a bunch of this and it is highly deserving of an anime. It's been running as long as MHA, too. It literally started the issue before. Because there's so much material I hope they adapt up to the very obvious end point that is set up. It deserves a solid 3 cour season run.

Here's hoping it's a good studio. All we need is Promised Neverland and KnY and all the best recent SJ series will be getting an anime. This is great news.

Man, there's a lot of good stuff coming next year. 2017 wasn't all too great compared to the last two years, but this upcoming year is looking solid.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Check out Crunchyroll's trailer for all the anime sequels coming next year.

gunswordfist

I hope One Punch Man season 2 is actually good.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

New Tiger & Bunny anime coming.

Took long enough. Now lets wrap up those loose ends.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Talk about an overdue sequel. I've been waiting for a resolution to the Lunatic plot-line for years now.

VLordGTZ

Lupin the Third Part 5 is premiering in April!

Key Visual:
Spoiler
[close]

The spring season just keeps looking better and better.

Painted Outlaw

Unfortunately, it's being written by Geass/Valvrave's Ichiro Okouchi so all that goodwill is doomed to be burnt away.

VLordGTZ

Okouchi's writing for Kabaneri and Princess Principal was pretty decent, and while its basic plot is based off the manga, he was also the writer for Devilman Crybaby.  I don't think Part 5 is automatically doomed just because he's involved.

Spark Of Spirit

Why is his jacket blue?

LumRanmaYasha

It was Blue in Part IV as well. I think this is going to be more of a continuation of Part IV than a retooled show like the previous series were. The fact they aren't using a roman numeral to denote this series is somewhat telling.