E3 2017

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 08, 2017, 08:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

God, I loved the crazy hype that FF7 Remake got. Square Enix and Sony had the best E3 since PS2/Xbox era that year.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Mustang on June 09, 2017, 05:59:08 PM
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 09, 2017, 04:44:27 PM
Didn't ASW already make a DBZ fighting game that wasn't very well received?

The 3DS game? I've never played fighting games on portable consoles and I don't want to make it sound like they shouldn't exist or anything, but an ASW game on the 3DS, considering the depth involved just screams no. That nonsense of an answer set aside, anime fighters are already niche to begin with, to put them on a 3DS when your core group is/was on the ps3 at the time. The mentality of the FGC (I suppose they're working on it) don't really acknowledge Nintendo to begin with (and if you read comments you can sense that both the FGC and Smash community would rather part ways). And then we fast forward to now, I haven't been watching anything anime related, but I'm well aware of Dragon Ball Super, so it make sense for them to capitalize now.

Edit: Just looked at the date that DBZ game came out. 2015. Oh shit. PS4 days. In the words of one of them Capcom reps, it got left behind.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/215189/dragon-ball-fighters-announced-2-5d-3v3-and-made-by-arcsys

In case people want to see it for themselves.
Fighting games made specifically for portables are never above mediocre. But this game looks like it's using he same trick ASW used with Guilty Gear in their 3D models that look like sprites. They're going all out on this.

Stuff like this is why I'm rarely impressed with graphics anymore. How do you better that?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, not going to lie, as soon as I saw that screen-shot my hype levels went from practically zero to through the roof. A 2.5D Dragon Ball game using the GGXrd engine with cell-shaded graphics that look that gorgeously authentic to Akira Toriyama's character designs? It's the Dream DB game that I've always wanted. Everyone else can have the Xenoverse games as their go to DB game. But personally this more technical style fighter is right up my alley. The fact that it's 3v3 also indicates that they will be directly competing with Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite as a team-based fighter (unless this is KOF style teams).

The only bad part is that now I have to sink over a hundred dollars into getting a decent arcade stick for the PS4, since none of the fight-pads available for this console seem like they suit me at all (the Mad Catz pad for the X360 and PS3 was nearly perfect, so I have no idea why they fucked it up so badly for this gen's version).

Mustang

hori fight pad

In case you don't actually want to switch to a fight stick.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've looked into that one, but my issue is that it's a standard d-pad instead of a floating d-pad, the latter of which feels a lot more natural for me to pull off circular motions with relative ease and consistency.

Foggle

Oh baby yes, it's happening!!!

Guess I'll definitely be watching the Bethesda conference tomorrow.

Also, the EA conference sucked. Only A Way Out looked at all interesting IMO. Lots of YouTuber cringe, too.

gunswordfist

They already started with the press conferences?  :wth:

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 11, 2017, 01:30:44 AM
They already started with the press conferences?  :wth:
Only EA's was today and all you missed was lots of annual sports nonsense and Battlefront 2. Ubisoft's, Bethesda's, and Devolver's are happening tomorrow. Ubisoft's will probably suck as usual but I'll be watching in case the Splinter Cell 7 rumor is true. Bethesda's is gonna be awesome with The Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, and (hopefully) some Prey or Dishonored 2 DLC. Not sure what Devolver's will entail but they're easily my favorite publisher, releasing indie hit after indie hit, so I'll be sure to watch that one too.

Foggle

My mistake, Microsoft's is today, not Ubisoft's. Ubisoft's is tomorrow.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 11, 2017, 09:47:54 AM
Oh, thank goodness. I'm always a gluttony for punishment with Ubisoft, hoping that they finally announce more than 2 games that I want  :worship:

Mustang

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 11, 2017, 11:08:16 AM
Quote from: Foggle on June 11, 2017, 09:47:54 AM
Oh, thank goodness. I'm always a gluttony for punishment with Ubisoft, hoping that they finally announce more than 2 games that I want  :worship:

Trust me. You're not the only one considering I'm actually a fan of the Assassin's Creed series and I wanted them to succeed with The Division but they just had to make that game one of them online experience types instead of a single player type of game.

Going back to my previous statement of what game I'm looking forward to. I'd like to see where the progression is at when it comes to Shenmue 3 and perhaps gameplay footage of DBZ fighters.

Edit:

This Microsoft Press Conference is a joke.

Edit 2:

DBZ Fighters looks impressive, but I need to see more.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Holy shit! :o

I didn't expect the new Dragon Ball game to be revealed at the Microsoft Press conference of all things. The game looks fucking gorgeous in motion. Definitely my most anticipated fighting game of next year (so far).

gunswordfist

Another year, another mostly unimpressive E3 from Microsoft. But Xbox One still has much more games that are worth buying than Switch does.

Mustang

So Microsoft is bringing back the old Xbox library. The only games I remember on there is Ninja Gaiden Black and Halo 1-2 and, well, Halo 1 and 2 already have Anniversary titles. So the only game that may be worth looking into is Ninja Gaiden Black.

That being said Microsoft might need to make Anthem an exclusive title and not that timed release BS. They need something to make consumers grab the X1X.

Speaking of which, I like what I saw with Anthem. I mean, I love the Mass Effect series so I'm coming in a little bias (having not experienced Mass Effect Andromeda yet)

I don't know if I would say Microsoft failed, but they most certainly didn't impress me. Most of the games they showed were not for me.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

Same. It'll still be a while before I got an Xbone. But then again PS4 still need to do some convincing so basically it'll be 360 and PC until maybe later this year for me.