OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

Started by Daikun, June 14, 2017, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on September 13, 2017, 10:17:36 PM
Captain Planet will be in an upcoming episode.

Never thought the KO would get a crossover before the end of it's first season, let alone with Captain Planet! Chessy or not, I still love CP and seeing that they got both his and Kwame's actors signed up that's a good sign they'll be a lot of effort put into this. Can't wait until it airs!

Daikun

Preview image from the upcoming crossover episode...

Spoiler
[close]

OMFG I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Peanutbutter

I mean I'm glad they're doing it, but how was this made possible?!  :whuh:

If that picture is any indication, this will be possibly even better than Uncle Granpa's crossover with Steven Universe. I hope this gets a viral trend going on Twitter, what if we got an awesome Captain Planet reboot out of this???

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 26, 2017, 03:12:49 AMI mean I'm glad they're doing it, but how was this made possible?!  :whuh:

It's Turner. They own both shows.

Quotewhat if we got an awesome Captain Planet reboot out of this???

I'd be fine with it. CP is such a bland character that practically anything can improve the source material.

I've had my own ideas for a CP reboot in my head for a while now. Hell, even MovieBob has his own pitch.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on September 26, 2017, 04:52:49 AM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 26, 2017, 03:12:49 AMI mean I'm glad they're doing it, but how was this made possible?!  :whuh:

It's Turner. They own both shows.

Quotewhat if we got an awesome Captain Planet reboot out of this???

I'd be fine with it. CP is such a bland character that practically anything can improve the source material.

I've had my own ideas for a CP reboot in my head for a while now. Hell, even MovieBob has his own pitch.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Doesn't quite explain why OK KO got him when CP's been available this entire time?  ??? Billy and Mandy, the PowerPuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, even on Chowder or Foster's he wouldn't have been out of place. I'm just curious about who pushed for this crossover when the show isn't even done with it's first season yet. It's just weird because other than reruns in the early mornings before AS took up more time, Captain Planet has been dormant on CN.

I guess Ian could be a big fan Captain Planet and approached them at some point. That plus the 90s Nostalgia Wave this decade's been enjoying would make for great timing.

Dreamer2

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 26, 2017, 03:47:25 PM

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Doesn't quite explain why OK KO got him when CP's been available this entire time?  ??? Billy and Mandy, the PowerPuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, even on Chowder or Foster's he wouldn't have been out of place. I'm just curious about who pushed for this crossover when the show isn't even done with it's first season yet. It's just weird because other than reruns in the early mornings before AS took up more time, Captain Planet has been dormant on CN.

I guess Ian could be a big fan Captain Planet and approached them at some point. That plus the 90s Nostalgia Wave this decade's been enjoying would make for great timing.

CN actually has put up old episodes of Captain Planet on demand. I think it started back in May. Right now they have 65 episodes up. I always thought it was weird how they randomly put this show up, but maybe it had something to do with OK KO. Although I don't think it had even premiered yet, so who knows?

Peanutbutter

Hmm, that's very interesting news....

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Why can't the art style of the SU and OK KO games be the same as the shows' styles?

At least SU's game looks okay, but KO's game from an art level just doesn't look good at all. Hopefully it will have good gameplay but jeez.

Daikun

New episodes return Mondays starting February 19.

Daikun

The season finale just aired.

Holy crap, was it awesome! :zonk:

Peanutbutter

The finale had bits of improved animation I noticed. Lot of shots of the characters' eyes were more detailed than before. I can get use to it if this is the show's new style going forward.

That ending with Daryl, though..... :wth:

Daikun

Season 2 begins May 5 with four new episodes.
Well, that was quick. I thought they'd premiere it much later.

Peanutbutter

Huh, only a two month hiatus then? Oh well, I'm not complaining. Show already went from decent to great.