What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on December 25, 2016, 01:05:31 PM
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K has been green-lit for a second season!

I've been keeping up with Funimation's dub and it's been really great.  The manga may never get licensed in the US, but I'm glad that I'll at least be able to experience more of the series through the anime.
Woo!

I've been watching this with a friend every week and we've been having a blast. Its dumb humor and twisting character quirks are endlessly funny.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

VLordGTZ

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul will FINALLY premiere this April!

The spring season is going to be pretty great with both this and MHA Season 2 airing.  :)

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 28, 2016, 08:26:56 PM
And BBB season 2.
BBB & Beyond got confirmed for spring? If so, that's going to make April even sweeter.

Lord Dalek

2017 WHAT I WATCHED SO FAR...

OwBlech Brotherhood: Oh hey now its canon maybe it'll be goo-THE MANGA STUFF WAS JUST AS SHITTY AS THE FILLER.

Schoolgirl Strikers: The Seltzer-Friedberg of Battle School Anime. This is what consititute's "parody"

Saga of Tanya The Evil: Izetta for Breitbarters and edge-lords. AKA hot garbage.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: I have nothing bad to say about this show. Nothing whatsoever.

Urara Meirocho: Shitty fanservice. No characters. Not funny. Really badly paced. I didn't even want to review this so I didn't.

Fuuka: Painfully average love triangle shit. I mean why would anyone want to watch thi-oh ohhhhhhh ohohohohohohohohoh WOW.

SpiritPact: .........its Bloodivores again.

Idol Incidents: You know its funny I found this slightly better than the ANN guys did. Does that make it a good show? HELL NO!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelDLIVE: Its World Trigger!...with a talking phallus. >_<

Hand Shakers:

Rewrite: See above.

oh and Little Witch Academia was pretty damn good.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So besides Rakugo (which I'm already watching), and LWA (which I plan to get around to soon), is there anything from this season that's worth keeping up with (not counting any continuations of shows from previous seasons)?

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on January 20, 2017, 11:23:43 AM
So besides Rakugo (which I'm already watching), and LWA (which I plan to get around to soon), is there anything from this season that's worth keeping up with (not counting any continuations of shows from previous seasons)?
ACCA's ok, Interviews With Monster Girls is supposed to be pretty good but I'm not into that kind of thing. That's about it really. This season blows.

EDIT: Voltron. Voltron is good. You should watch Voltron.

VLordGTZ

Fuuka seems to be a pretty solid adaption so far, but there are concerns on how it will be handled when they get to "Truck-kun's introduction".  Still, LumRanmaYasha has said that the manga has continued to be great, so the anime should turn out well if Diomedea doesn't do something dumb like remove the central plot-twist.

From this season, I'm only keeping up with the second seasons of Konosuba and Rakugo Shinjuu.  There are a few other shows I want to watch like LWA, ACCA, and Blue Excorcist: Kyoto Saga but I might wait until those are over. 

Rynnec

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon is easily the best anime KyoAni's done since Amagi, and is my personal favorite anime this season. Youjo Senki is enjoyable in a so bad its good way.

VLordGTZ

Not too surprising, but Sailor Moon Crystal is getting another season.

This will probably cover the Dreams arc, and if Toei is bringing back Chiaki Kon to direct the series, I'm confident that this will turn out just as great as the adaption of the Infinity/Death-Busters arc.  :)

Pharass

I've started watching the second season of Genroku Rakugo. To the absolute surprise to no-one, the show continues to be excellent, I'm so glad to have it back. Other anime I'm currently watching include Flying Witch, (which is a nice, relaxing show with likable characters) and Space Brothers.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Insomniac

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 29, 2017, 03:49:32 AM
Overall viewer ratings in Japan for 2016 anime has been released. Our favorite pompadour from Morioh led the ranking.
Unless I'm not squinting hard enough (that list is incredibly hard to read even with the kanji), Yuri!!! is nowhere to be found on this list.