What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Aside from my somewhat disagreement with his (and most of the anime community at large, to be fair) stereotypical view of most shonen series, he probably puts out some of my favorite anime related content on YouTube.

That video also really reminds me of how much I want to see the rest of Dezaki's body of work. It really sucks wanting to experience so much stuff and realizing that you'll just flat-out never have enough time to get around to everything that you want to.

Dr. Insomniac

I watched the first episode of Black Clover to see what the fuss was all about, and I discovered the horror. The horror.

LumRanmaYasha

Asta's yelling is pretty obnoxious, especially the way the seiyuu is exaggerating the last syllable in every sentence. I really hope they tone down the delivery as the show goes forward.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 06, 2017, 12:14:50 PMI watched the first episode of Black Clover to see what the fuss was all about, and I discovered the horror. The horror.

So, if you were bummed out by Naruto ending and didn't want to watch hundreds of episodes of glorified filler about his bratty son, then Black Clover has you covered. It takes literally the exact same plot and characters and dials the obnoxious levels up to eleven, as evidenced by how "geniously" over the top Asta's voice is. Now, every time I think back to how annoying of a character Naruto was, I realize that I was praising him more than he deserved. He could have been so, so much more tone-deaf than what we got. Black Clover aims to take that very concept to an extreme that quite frankly, I don't believe that modern society is ready for. Clearly we have the next major hit of the century on our hands.

Courtesy of Studio Pierrot....:humhumhum:

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 06, 2017, 12:14:50 PM
I watched the first episode of Black Clover to see what the fuss was all about, and I discovered the horror. The horror.
I told you, but you didn't listen.

Spark Of Spirit

It's Naruto with magic instead of ninjas. If that's what you want then go nuts. If not then it's really not for you.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

But Naruto was already Harry Potter, except with ninjas instead of magic....

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 06, 2017, 04:29:44 PM
It's Naruto with magic instead of ninjas. If that's what you want then go nuts. If not then it's really not for you.
But we already have that this season. Its called UQ Holder.

gunswordfist

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wait to watch Black Clover now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Lord Dalek

Painted Outlaw

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on October 06, 2017, 12:14:50 PM

Who let Ryuji Sainei get into voice acting?

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 06, 2017, 05:36:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I want to watch Black Clover now.

It's really not that bad of a series overall.  Like the manga is not on the same level as MHA or Kimetsu no Yaiba, but I still enjoy reading it week to week.

As far as the first episode goes, I didn't think it was that bad aside from Asta's yelling.  I wish they had adapted the entire first chapter, but considering MHA didn't do that either, I've come to accept this pace as the new norm for Jump adaptions.  Considering this is being produced by Pierrot, this definitely exceeded my very low expectations, though they could of course mess it up in the coming weeks.  :bleh:

Spark Of Spirit

It's generic shonen. It gets better later, but it's never much better than average. Asta's voice definitely needs work. The dub might be the go to for this one.

I'm far more interested in BBB this season, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Lord Dalek"Rynnec's Favorite Show Fall 2017 Edition"

Dies, Kotonoha, or Urahara?  ??? ??? ???

Foggle

Quote from: Rynnec on October 06, 2017, 08:17:26 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek"Rynnec's Favorite Show Fall 2017 Edition"

Dies, Kotonoha, or Urahara?  ??? ??? ???
Wake Up, Girls!