What Are You Watching?

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 21, 2011, 11:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Caved in and finally decided to start Legend of the Galactic Heroes. So far, I'm liking Yang more than Reinhard.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Did you start with the first movie or the first OVA episode? I heard some people recommend to start with the movie first, as that's supposedly supposed to be the beginning of the story, chronologically, but I'm not sure where I should really start the series, TBH.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 10, 2011, 11:36:00 PM
Did you start with the first movie or the first OVA episode? I heard some people recommend to start with the movie first, as that's supposedly supposed to be the beginning of the story, chronologically, but I'm not sure where I should really start the series, TBH.
The first OVA episode. So far, it doesn't feel like I missed any details.

Spark Of Spirit

Let us know how it's going, by all means. It's something I eventually would like to dive into, as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Same. I'd love to give the show a shot, but I don't know if I have the time for the investment just yet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Neomysterion X. Prime

I've been caught trying out newer animes like Tiger & Bunny and Battle Girls: Time Paradox, along with all of the anime that Hime and her friends chose out for me. ^_^

Still trying to pencil in more time to watch anime...  :whuh:

Dr. Insomniac

About 14 episodes in LoGH. Heard that it'll take 6 more episodes for it to hit its stride.

EDIT: Now at 16. What the hell is Palpatine doing here?

Angus

Thought Summer Wars was cute. There's such a difference in animation quality between movies and TV series stuff. More things going on. Plot-wise it's rather average so worth a rental. Also relatively family friendly.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Dr. Insomniac

I'm already 2/3rds through the show. Reinhard is the most flamboyantly gay character I have ever seen in fiction, to the point where I couldn't help but laugh when Oberstein and the other guys were having major concerns about how he hasn't knocked his aide up yet.

Dr. Insomniac

Episode 82:  :shit: Just... what the hell?

Avaitor

I'm going to restart LOTGH myself(watched the first few episodes a while back but ended up pausing shortly in and never went back). I'll be watching at a snail's pace, but it should be worth it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I started NGE from scratch with episode 1 (I'm watching it in Japanese with subtitles, unless anyone here thinks that the dub is better for me to watch), but I don't think I'll continue with it until after my finals, since I really feel like I'm falling behind in my studying against my will.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on April 30, 2011, 10:52:50 PM
I started NGE from scratch with episode 1 (I'm watching it in Japanese with subtitles, unless anyone here thinks that the dub is better for me to watch), but I don't think I'll continue with it until after my finals, since I really feel like I'm falling behind in my studying against my will.
Dub hasn't really aged well, at least in comparison to Rebuild's (though I don't like how Misato sounds like a chain smoker there).

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't recommend the dub, either. It improves as it gets along, but the sub is where it's at.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

...and done with the show.

So yeah, best anime ever.