"The Lion King" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, September 17, 2011, 02:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

It'll probably be a one-off scene as such, most likely in the beginning movie, although yeah, that is somewhat suspicious.

Here's more info, btw.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Holy shit! That article just made me realize that this movie is already 20 years old, and this is the first movie I ever saw in theaters (at least as far back as I can remember), so now I feel old....

Avaitor

And this isn't even the only Lion King-related event happening right now. I really want to see this.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I didn't know where else to post this, but if anyone here is a fan of Honest Trailers, then you should check out this week's trailer: http://youtu.be/DFtBjc1dz7w

Daikun

Daikun

Avaitor

That's pretty fucked up- almost as bad as when they tried to trademark Dia de la Madre.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I watched the new Lion King.
- Yeah, it's pretty much the same movie with only a handful of minor changes sprinkled throughout.
- None of the changes are for the better.
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" is played during a day scene. The scenes before and after take place at night, further muddying waters.
- Ejiofor just isn't a good Scar. He has none of Irons' charisma here.
- Can't think of a recast that improved on the original role. Maybe Donald Glover?
- Timon and Pumbaa are neighbors with gazelles for some reason.
- "I Just Can't Wait to be King" was around the time I realized how weird it was to hear human voices come out of photorealistic lions.
- Why is Eric Andre in a Disney movie?
- I looked up lion facial expressions after watching the movie. So it is possible for lions to emote, the movie just chose not to do it.
- It's going to be hilarious if Flounder and Sebastian look like a photorealistic flounder and crab in the live-action Little Mermaid film.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 24, 2019, 08:19:49 AM
I watched the new Lion King.
- Yeah, it's pretty much the same movie with only a handful of minor changes sprinkled throughout.
- None of the changes are for the better.
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" is played during a day scene. The scenes before and after take place at night, further muddying waters.
- Ejiofor just isn't a good Scar. He has none of Irons' charisma here.
- Can't think of a recast that improved on the original role. Maybe Donald Glover?
- Timon and Pumbaa are neighbors with gazelles for some reason.
- "I Just Can't Wait to be King" was around the time I realized how weird it was to hear human voices come out of photorealistic lions.
- Why is Eric Andre in a Disney movie?
- I looked up lion facial expressions after watching the movie. So it is possible for lions to emote, the movie just chose not to do it.
- It's going to be hilarious if Flounder and Sebastian look like a photorealistic flounder and crab in the live-action Little Mermaid film.

I agree with everything here. But I must admit, I love the original film so much as it's my favorite Disney movie, so even the vastly inferior "live action" version is still enjoyable simply by the strengths of the source material.

Daikun

I wonder if they'll adapt Simba's Pride or come up with their own thing.

Dr. Insomniac

I doubt a Oscar winning director decided his next career move is to adapt a DTV Disney sequel. It's like if Bong Joon-ho decided to make a live action adaptation of Stitch Has a Glitch.

Avaitor

Disney seems to have a habit of making a big announcement when they have some bad press happening. Like how the Mandalorian's new date was revealed after a batch of layoffs and furloughs similar to what was announced the other day. I believe they did something similar when it was announced that the college program students were sent home- I think that was the Hamilton release date?

The thing is, people do want Mandalorian, WandaVision, Hamilton. Nobody who saw the live-action Lion King actually liked it, or wants more.

New blog!