"I Remember You"

gunswordfist

Might as well close this match, I keep on forgetting to watch lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Very well then. 

Results:

"I Remember You" (Adventure Time) - 11
"Mister Rogers' Revenge or Please Don't You Be His Neighbor" (Black Dynamite) - 7
"History" (Home Movies) - 13
"Bravo Dooby Doo" (Johnny Bravo) - 19

"Bravo Dooby Doo" and "History" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

Round 1: Match 8

"Episode XLVIII: Jack versus Aku" (Samurai Jack)

VS.

"Beware the Gray Ghost" (Batman: The Animated Series)

VS.

"Ed-n-Seek" (Ed, Edd n Eddy)

VS.

"A Firefighting We Will Go" (King of the Hill)

Avaitor

A-Firefightin' We Will Go
Beware the Gray Ghost
Ed-n-Seek
Jack vs Aku

Yes, I put an EEnE episode in third place. I have really good memories of this episode (I even made a story book of it in first grade, and got an A for it) and would call it one of the better eps from the first season, but it's not the best the show has for it, and those KOTH and BTAS easily top it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Beware the Gray Ghost
Ed-n-Seek
Jack vs Aku

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dreamer2

Beware the Gray Ghost
Ed-n-Seek
Jack vs Aku

LumRanmaYasha

Finally got around to these!

"Beware the Gray Ghost"
"Jack vs. Aku"
"A-Firefightin' We Will Go"
"Ed-n-Seek"

Spoiler

"Beware the Gray Ghost" - One of my favorite episodes of BTAS. A great homage to the Adam West Batman cartoon and the power of the shows and heroes that inspired us as children.

"Jack vs. Aku" is Aku at some of his funniest and the fight between him and Jack is a riot, especially Jack's bait-and-switch with the sword at the end. And of course - EXTRA THICK!

"A-Firefightin' We Will Go" has a lot of great gags, especially everyone's retelling of events and particularly Boomhauer's. Chet Elderson is also a really great meme of short-lived character who contributes to the humor even after he dies with how they screw up his funeral and blame the fire on him in the end.

"Ed-n-Seek" has a lot of fun gags, but nothing that made it stand out to me in comparison with the other episodes. 
[close]

VLordGTZ

Episode XLVIII: Jack versus Aku
A Firefighting We Will Go
Beware the Gray Ghost
Ed-n-Seek

LumRanmaYasha

About time I wrapped this up.

Results:

"Episode XLVIII: Jack versus Aku" (Samurai Jack) - 12
"Beware the Gray Ghost" (Batman: The Animated Series) - 20
"Ed-n-Seek" (Ed, Edd n Eddy) - 11
"A Firefighting We Will Go" (King of the Hill) - 17

"Beware the Gray Ghost' and "A Firefighting We Will Go" move on to round 2! The next match will be up shortly.

LumRanmaYasha

Round 1: Match 9

"Fish Out of Water" (BoJack Horseman)

VS.

"Game Over for Owlman!" (Batman The Brave & The Bold)

VS.

"Tearjerker" (American Dad!)

VS.

"The Fate of Equinox!" (Batman: The Brave & The Bold)

Avaitor

Fish Out of Water
The Fate of Equinox!
Game Over for Owlman!
Tearjerker
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The Fate of Equinox!
Game Over for Owlman!
Tearjerker
Fish Out of Water
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Sorry for the long leave of absence fellas. I'll vote and then move us along later today.

Fish Out of Water
Tearjerker
Game Over for Owlman!
The Fate of Equinox!

Spoiler

Fish Out of Water - This is one of the most comedically dense episodes of anything I've ever seen. Almost every second there's a creative and clever visual gag and it's astonishing to think at just how finely-tuned the comedy in this episode is for everything to flow so seamlessly and hit its marks so well. The underwater world is beautiful visually too, especially the sequence in the abyss with the glowing anemone. The story itself is a really poignant one of Bojack not knowing how to talk to Chelsea (literally and figuratively) and going on an adventure where he connects with the little seahorse kid and does a good deed, but after it's done he's left kind of empty inside. Seriously, this is by far the best written episode of BoJack because of how dense the comedy is and how it supports the story.

Tearjerker - One of the best AD episodes for how tightly-paced and dense with jokes it is. A great send-up of Bond films. And Oscar Gold always makes me laugh out loud HARD. Such an ingenious joke, and solidifies an already strong episode as one of the series' all-time best.

Game Over for Owlman! - I love the show's version of the Joker - great voice, unpredictably hilarious, and pure chaotic fun. This was a great compliment to the previous episode where Batman teamed up with Joker's AU-counterpart, know giving the clown prince of crime a chance and, until the very end - Joker proves to be a good teammate for the dark knight. But the ending when Joker betrays Batman is so good too, and I love how he just runs around with a bomb while everyone else is funny laughing with that silly expression on his face until he finally throws it at Batman. That fight between the AU-Batmen and heroes with the villains is so well-choreographed too with a lot of clever gags and pacing with one thing leading to a next freeing the captured heroes getting in on the action. And Plastic Man is such an MVP in this series - not only is his "how does he do that" running gag great, but he's also the only one of the captured heroes who manages to free himself without help from the Batman. Seriously, Plastic Man is so underrated. Definitely one of BTBTB's best.

The Fate of Equinox - Honestly, I was really underwhelmed rewatching this episode. The concept of Equinox is good, but they tell more than show his emotional imbalance and relationship with the Gods. It would've been better if they showed his backstory and we saw when it was that he became disillusioned with the Gods of Order and Chaos. They do a good job setting up Batman is a great agent of order and chaos in his fight with Two Face at the beginning, when he punches out Two Face before he's finished flipping his coin. That was clever foreshadowing and I'm glad they didn't feel the need to point that out. Best part of the episode. But the resolution - the actual fight between Batman and Equinox - is really uninteresting. Dinosaurs appearing in the present is all they could think of to represent the world in chaos? Lame. And then they become giants and Batman has everyone's powers and that's supposed to represent him embodying order and chaos I guess? If they had Batman take on some villains' powers as well it would made stronger thematic sense. And Batman just tells Equinox he's out of order and that's enough to break his mind and beat him? Again, lame. Also, the animation in this episode was really weak for the show's standards, especially coming off of Game Over For Owlman which has some excellent movement and expressions. The animation in this episode is really stiff and flat, and it bugs me how expressionless the characters are. Like, the sequence where Dr. Fate is teleporting all the heroes - no one reacts at all, not one bit! Like, no one is confused or surprised at being whisked away from where they were? They all come in and greet Batman in their stock poses and with no questions as to what's going on? Small things like that also broke this episode for me. I dunno, I definitely enjoyed this episode when I first saw it years ago, but rewatching it I was left really unsatisfied and honestly bored. Not one of BTBTB's best, imo.
[close]